Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda chase in Ranelagh and crash on Main street tonight

Options
  • 19-02-2014 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

Just walked by at 40min intervals. Stolen telecom van driven by some filth seems to have been racing up through Ranelagh at high speed just before 10pm, chased by Garda and crashed into at least five cars. Wheel and axel ripped off. Some write offs. One car is having it's roof cut off by the Fire Brigade .... hope it's not some innocents ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭greasepalm

what makes of cars need spare parts quickly ,only down the road,i can see people coming out of pub wondering about the big gash on car .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EndOfAStorm

Saw 2 guys and a woman arrested trying to flee this eircom van. There may have been more. And the language from the female, you wouldn't hear it from a docker...

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭lamaq

Was driving the other direction and went by two unmarked Garda cars but didn't notice the van. About 10 seconds later I pulled over after seeing a car crashed near the lights. Hope the guy was ok, was a big impact by the look of the front of the car.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I heard a lot of sirens around this time when I was walking down Dame Street. I'm guessing this was what it was about. Hope no innocents were injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Where in Ranelagh was the crash.. It looks like Appian way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Shear

It was from Tribeca up to around Muttugly. There was one car surrounded by two fire engines and about four or five other cars had been hit from the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭lamaq

https://maps.google.ie/?ll=53.324632,-6.253431&spn=0.003582,0.010568&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=53.324598,-6.253342&panoid=ZucDA0fNv0HgVaoj5dgOvw&cbp=12,63.82,,0,7.22

South bound side. It looked like the car was hit from behind, then hit a parked van and moved it about 5 meters with the impact. Whole front of the car was crumpled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

lamaq wrote: »
    https://maps.google.ie/?ll=53.324632,-6.253431&spn=0.003582,0.010568&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=53.324598,-6.253342&panoid=ZucDA0fNv0HgVaoj5dgOvw&cbp=12,63.82,,0,7.22

South bound side. It looked like the car was hit from behind, then hit a parked van and moved it about 5 meters with the impact. Whole front of the car was crumpled.

I saw five damaged cars all along about 100 metres stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

take a multiple of the cost of the damage from their welfare and make them serve community sentences...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Idbatterim wrote: »
    make them serve community sentences...

Travellers do a days work ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

And the language from the female, you wouldn't hear it from a docker...

Ah you would now EndOfAStorm, they use very bad language.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I don;t know where this started out, they whizzed by my house near Kevin Street DIT heading south bound, I think there were 3 Garda vehicles directly after them and then another shortly behind iirc. From tweets at the time, the driver of the car mentioned above had to be cut out of it. Hopefully not badly injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Ah, was wondering what all the noise was about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Idbatterim wrote: »
    take a multiple of the cost of the damage from their welfare and make them serve community sentences...

Stop their welfare altogether and if they're in council accomadation kick them out in the streets...let them starve or freeze to death,i dont care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

chopper6 wrote: »
    Stop their welfare altogether and if they're in council accomadation kick them out in the streets...let them starve or freeze to death,i dont care.

So encourage them to commit even more crime? That's a great idea.

So encourage them to commit even more crime? That's a great idea.

So by getting paid to do nothing they remain law-abiding..is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Bandara wrote: »
    Travellers do a days work ?

How do you know they were travellers just asking like.

Just on the news..a 20 year old from Crumlin and a 19 year old from priorswood have been relaesed on bail.

The scumbag from crumlin seemed to think it was great craic and was sniggering away as he left the court.

I sincerely hope that they get the smirks wiped off thier faces in the not too distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Just on the news..a 20 year old from Crumlin and a 19 year old from priorswood have been relaesed on bail.

The scumbag from crumlin seemed to think it was great craic and was sniggering away as he left the court.

I sincerely hope that they get the smirks wiped off thier faces in the not too distant future.

We wish. The sad reality is they will walk ... go back to collecting their generous dole and have a documentary made accusing society of being racist and they did it 'cos they were made to.

• Advertisement

Piliger wrote: »
    We wish. The sad reality is they will walk ... go back to collecting their generous dole and have a documentary made accusing society of being racist and they did it 'cos they were made to.

N0 doubt they're having a few spliffs and a few bottles of Bud Light to celebrate thier newfound legendary status in what passes for the criminal underworld in thier minds.

I can imagine them passing round thier charge sheets to squeals of delight from the 16 year old trollops in thier retinue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

So by getting paid to do nothing they remain law-abiding..is that it?

No, I said they will just commit more crime. Not that they commit no crime currently, need to brush up on your reading skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

N0 doubt they're having a few spliffs and a few bottles of Bud Light to celebrate thier newfound legendary status in what passes for the criminal underworld in thier minds.

I can imagine them passing round thier charge sheets to squeals of delight from the 16 year old trollops in thier retinue.

In your mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thread started off well but then spiralled into off topic comments about the accused. Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement