Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Octavia. Finance decisions

Options
  • 20-02-2014 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi folks, was in with my local dealer today.
    Looking at the 1.6 Tdi Elegance spec hatchback in rio red, my own car a 08 Octavia 1.4 petrol estate which I would be trading in would be €6,000 so leave's me with €21,380 to finance.

If I go the PCP route it work's out at €376/month for 36 months with a GFV of €10,500.
    If I the HP route it's €570/month for 48 months.

I know looking at it the PCP route look's better, however there is a small caveat I discovered if I do more than 60,000km in 3 year's, there is a 5c/km charge. Is there any pitfall's going this route.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

But after 4 years with hp you own the car. After 3 years Pcp you have nothing. When you consider everything Pcp is rarely cheaper it's just the lower monthly repayments that fool people.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

skodacb wrote: »
    Hi folks, was in with my local dealer today.
    Looking at the 1.6 Tdi Elegance spec hatchback in rio red, my own car a 08 Octavia 1.4 petrol estate which I would be trading in would be €6,000 so leave's me with €21,380 to finance.

If I go the PCP route it work's out at €376/month for 36 months with a GFV of €10,500.
    If I the HP route it's €570/month for 48 months.

I know looking at it the PCP route look's better, however there is a small caveat I discovered if I do more than 60,000km in 3 year's, there is a 5c/km charge. Is there any pitfall's going this route.
    Am too pissed to work it out but €21380 over 48 months seems expensive @ 3.9%.
    I see you are in Waterford,did you get those figures off your local Skoda dealer?
    Pcp would be a waste of your own motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

Am too pissed to work it out but €21380 over 48 months seems expensive @ 3.9%.
    I see you are in Waterford,did you get those figures off your local Skoda dealer?
    Pcp would be a waste of your own motor.

Yeah I did, I think HP is calculated at a different rate compared to PCP.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Thought so.look for a proper hp deal or tip across the border to Tipp. And try there. Don't know what they will offer you on trade in though. I was very disappointed with the way I was treated by your local dealer after years of loyal service when it came to buying a new car on a straight deal in January last.

Afaik 21300 over 48 months at a rate of 3.9% should be around €480 p/m.
    I am assuming vw bank are still doing this rate..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

Hp works out @ 12.5% !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Total cost via PCP, to own the car is €24,036 (€376 x 36 + €10,500)

Total cost via HP, to own the car is €27,360 (€570 x 48)

Buy via PCP, and stick another €300 a month in a savings account to cover the GFV

Advertisement