Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Word Cursor won't stop loading

Options
  • 20-02-2014 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Anyone having trouble with Microsoft Word at the moment? Cursor keeps turning into blue spinning / circling wheel as if it it loading something or as if I hit buttons in a mad temper lol (which I didn't btw) but there is absolutely nothing loading. It's really really annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

It's most likely just an issue for the install of word on your computer.

I guess that it's a modern version of Word running on Windows 7 or Vista?

a) Is it able to open any documents. Do the same symptoms occur regardless of which document you're working on?

b) Can you start Word in Word's safe mode and see if it makes a difference?

This is done by
    Pressing the Windows key + 'R' to bring up the run dialog.

type in
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Winword.exe" /safe

c) If the problems continue in this mode...

You'd want to check
    1) In the windows event log \ Application Log look for recent errors regarding Word or office.
    2) run a checkdisk on the C: drive in case it's a degraded file system or hard drive.
    3) run a repair on MS Office. If you open up Control Panel \ Programs and double click on Office, it should give the option to repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Thank you very much for your reply. Managed to get it back by doing System Restore a couple of times. Tried to repair Word and a few things but nothing doing. So had to resort to Plan D. Know SystRest advised against but Needs Must and all that. Will probably re-install it in a while, even though I have repaired it so I don't want to go messing at it again.

Am surprised someone hasn't brought it up already. Seems to be an issue with Windows 7 and Word according to loads of Google replies. It is Office 2007 I have.

Everything did work fine btw, it kinda just slowed me down using Word. Cursor was just circling / loading like it was loading another app. / programme / displaying a file or something and I wasn't near anything else at all. Maybe it's something to do with stuff going on in the background. Will check in a bit.

Thanks anyway. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Advertisement