Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original PC Far Cry HD remaster

Options
  • 20-02-2014 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

See this is on xbla and psn now. I've heard the Pc version is a bugger to run on new OS so tempted to pick up the xbox version with some hungarian credit. Anyone try the demo yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

It wasn't such a bad looking game that it needed a HD remaster from what I can remember.

Back in the day, for a few years it was the graphical benchmark by which all other games were compared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I tried the demo on PS3 and it looked awful! I remember it looking a lot better on my PC a few years ago. I didn't stick with it long, but I was pretty disappointed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

The screen shots I saw looked brutal, of the 360 version.

Looks like a lesser version of what the original PC version was.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I dled the xbox demo but didn't play it yet. From reading metacritic the ps3 version is the lesser one. I believe this is also getting a PC release on the far cry collection that's just out on consoles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Weird calling it a HD remaster. I was playing this in HD on release.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Weird calling it a HD remaster. I was playing this in HD on release.
    Yea but the consoles were not; PC master race :pac:.

I keed, I keed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Plus the version that did make it to consoles, Instincts, was highly altered based on the limitations of the original XBox. Pretty sure there was a 360 port of that too but again, despite the resolution bump it still wasn't the original game.

Curious about the graphical differences though, the Crysis re-release wasn't that bad relatively speaking, was it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Moneygrab if I ever seen one. Looks like dog

• Registered Users Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is it a port of the original or are they using Far cry 3's engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

gizmo wrote: »
    Plus the version that did make it to consoles, Instincts, was highly altered based on the limitations of the original XBox. Pretty sure there was a 360 port of that too but again, despite the resolution bump it still wasn't the original game.

Curious about the graphical differences though, the Crysis re-release wasn't that bad relatively speaking, was it?

Yeah, the crysis 1 release on PS3 was decent enough.

Is Farcry 1 a ubisoft game or a crytek game ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Yeah, the crysis 1 release on PS3 was decent enough.

Is Farcry 1 a ubisoft game or a crytek game ?

Crytek developed it and Ubisoft published it as far as I know.

I have no idea what engine the HD remake uses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It looks a total mess. Framerate issues, pop-up, etc.

Crysis on the 360/PS3 was surprisingly good. The issue here is obviously just poor development.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

So I ended up getting this for cheap in an xbox live sale and started it the other day and i'm loving it. Fancied a quick blast on easy and i'm nearly done with my first run through. Yes the AI is a bit uneven and there's a bit of texture popping but goddam it's a fun shooter that has stood the test of time pretty well. The demo didn't really do it justice either. I'm going to move on to Crysis and Crysis 3 on the PS3 next to complete the set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

The original Far Cry is a masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Good game right up until XXXXXXXX then its pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Dayum wrote: »
    The original Far Cry is a masterpiece.
    It was a great game up until the annoying mutant monkey things appeared...

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    It was a great game up until the annoying mutant monkey things appeared...

I thought it changed the game up a bit especially when you got infected yourself and could jump all over the gaf...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭jones

I never minded the monkey mutants i thought it did change the game...i remember playing the original on my (at the time) top end pc and the graphics were jaw dropping i must stick it on again and see how it compares to PS4 games now

jones wrote: »
    I never minded the monkey mutants i thought it did change the game...i remember playing the original on my (at the time) top end pc and the graphics were jaw dropping i must stick it on again and see how it compares to PS4 games now

It hasn't aged well. I played it last year again.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I thought the mutants was a great touch. You really weren't expecting them at all, and they completely changed the dynamic of how you had to play the game and how the AI worked. Pretty scary when you first come across them too. Infact, if it didn't have them, all FarCry would've been was every other FPS at the time + nice physics and a load of jungle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement