Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entombed - Enlighten Me...

• 20-02-2014 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Only ever really heard a few songs by Entombed. Some stuff off Left Hand Path and some stuff off Wolverine Blues.

I prefer the groove off Wolverine Blues.

But they have had a lot of albums since then.

Any recommendations on what to listen to?

Stupid question with Left Hand Path and Wolverine Blues? Or any of the later ones any good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth is great as well.

I kind of lost touch with them after that. Saw them live quite a few times in Dublin back in the day and they were always brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Seconded. Still listen to it regularly 17 years on.

And of course how can I forget CLANDESTINE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Last I heard LG Petrov and Alex Hellid are arguing over who owns the rights to the band name. Its a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I kind of lost touch with them after that. Saw them live quite a few times in Dublin back in the day and they were always brilliant.

Saw them on that tour in Dublin with Neurosis in the TBMC, epic gig. Had won backstage passes in Kerrang so myself and my mate partied with the band afterwards. Have my digipack of TRSSASTT signed by the band. Alex was an absolute gent. Wolverine blues and Lefthand Path are due a listen I think as its been too long.........

• Advertisement

frag420 wrote: »
    Saw them on that tour in Dublin with Neurosis in the TBMC, epic gig. Had won backstage passes in Kerrang so myself and my mate partied with the band afterwards. Have my digipack of TRSSASTT signed by the band. Alex was an absolute gent. Wolverine blues and Lefthand Path are due a listen I think as its been too long.........

Yes I remember that one. Great gig. Neurosis and their weird and scary film projections!

I had no idea that the band had split up and were playing "Queenryche-style" silly buggers with the name.

Entombed and Entombed A.D. - seriously lads get your sh!t together!

And Clandestine played with an orchestra and choir!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/original-entombed-members-hellid-cederlund-andersson-to-reunite-for-clandestine-performance/

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭witty username

Yes I remember that one. Great gig. Neurosis and their weird and scary film projections!

Great gig alright, Breach played before Neurosis aswell, they were deadly, like a punk version of Meshuggah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Was trying to think who was the opening act, Breach!! I have one of their cd's from that night signed somewhere. Must dig it out.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nippledragon

Was trying to think who was the opening act, Breach!! I have one of their cd's from that night signed somewhere. Must dig it out.........

Breach's sound was so ahead of its time. Got my ticket signed by Entombed at that gig, it was bananas!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭witty username

Yeah, one of my mates got that cd aswell, they gave them out free backstage, it was a compilation of songs from a few of their albums and we all taped that bad boy and listened the **** out of it.

Hah, LG signed my ticket aswell. I remember around 100 of us had him cornered in the lobby of TBMC and he was signing everything that was passed to him.... good times

• Advertisement
Advertisement