Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ear stretch limerick/galway?

• 20-02-2014 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

hi lads any suggestions on places to get my ears stretched in Limerick or galway? Ive never had it done before and I am a bit fishy about doing it myself! thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Grayfoxy

hi lads any suggestions on places to get my ears stretched in Limerick or galway? Ive never had it done before and I am a bit fishy about doing it myself! thanks :)

Hi Zombie,

Are your ears pierced? If they are, go to a reputable piercer and ask if they are aligned right for stretching,

If not, you will need to take the jewelry out and let them fully heal, once this is done, go to said piercer and tell them you want to stretch your ears so they can use a 10 or 9 gauge needle,

Stretching is quite easy to be honest, but the one thing that I find with a lot of people is they do not have patience, (realistically, to stretch properly you should wait 2-3 months between stretches, when people stretch to quick you can end up with ear thinning, ripping, cat arse, blowouts and so on. So take your time, also, do some research on how to stretch correctly, and to find out a method that suites you best. Teflon tape is a very common one as are tapers.

When stretching, it should not hurt (if it does, you are stretching either too quick or too large), a bit of warmth and itchiness is normal, but if you feel a sting, think again. (only stretch one size at a time)

With regards to where to go, sorry, I don't have an answer, just wanted to let you know about stretching since so many people think it is easy and end up making a botch job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Teflon (or PTFE) tape is ok, but tapers are a recipe for disaster and should be avoided. If you just buy jewellery in 1mm increments, you'll be fine, waiting at least a month between stretches.

ie: 1.2 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > etc. until goal size is reached.

There's no simpler, safer or healthier way.

Teflon (or PTFE) tape is ok, but tapers are a recipe for disaster and should be avoided. If you just buy jewellery in 1mm increments, you'll be fine, waiting at least a month between stretches.

ie: 1.2 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > etc. until goal size is reached.

There's no simpler, safer or healthier way.

Agreed, I never used tapers, I did a dead stretch to 2g, then Teflon after.

Tapers are fine if you know how to use them, sadly people done, and blowouts are the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Well the tapers for sale tend to be acrylic, which is mildly toxic. Tapers (usually) are for insertion, which you shouldn't need going up 1mm in a healed piercing.

They're just bad news, unless in the hands of one of the very few professionals in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ZomB13 F1Sh

Ya my ears are pierced in the right spot as I told the lady that I was going to get them stretched, I was looking for suggestions of places but I may do it myself now!

• Advertisement

Ya my ears are pierced in the right spot as I told the lady that I was going to get them stretched, I was looking for suggestions of places but I may do it myself now!

Cool, I would suggest speaking to your piercer for advice and also checking out BME wiki

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ninja13

Why not try Jayme in Ennis? It's between limerick and Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Sandrutute

i got my streachers from one lady in dundalk, he has her business On facebook page, I started off From 2 mm ones. i only payed 4 euro for them , he was some cool ones ! if you change your mind . Look For Piercings and more :)

Advertisement