Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

never set alarm won't stop going off!

Options
  • 20-02-2014 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Can anyone help me? I am living in my apt over 6 years and have never set my alarm. I also don't have the code, have just searched everywhere. Tonight the alarm started beeping and then going off and I don't know what to do?! It's a secure watch alarm. Is there anyway I can stop it without the original code..? I am renting off new people now s can't even ask them for the code?

Any advice welcome?!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What is displaying on the screen when it goes off?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭madbev90210

I don't know, I just kept pressing buttons to get it to stop.. Which it did after about 10 minutes. It's only constantly beeping now and I rang old landlord to see if they still have code so waiting on them to get back to me..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could power down the panel completely.
    Locate and open the main control. Turn off the mains power at the fuse either outside or inside the box. Disconnect the back up battery sitting at the base of the panel.
    At this stage the keypad should be blank. If the outside bell is ringing it should astop after 20-30 minutes. After that the alarm will not activate again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

I don't know, I just kept pressing buttons to get it to stop.. Which it did after about 10 minutes. It's only constantly beeping now and I rang old landlord to see if they still have code so waiting on them to get back to me..

Once you get the code simply enter this on the keypad. It will display the reason for the beeping. Other than that you could get the system defaulted and programmed again with new codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭madbev90210

Thank you for your replies, I will keep them for future reference! Thankfully the old landlord was knew the code and all it took was to put that in. Lesson learned for me.. Know your own alarm code! Thanks again!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the update. Glad you got it sorted handy enough.

Advertisement