Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free shortcut kits...

Options
  • 20-02-2014 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/shortcut-kits-now-live/

And here was me working hard to get the shotty like a fool...
    One of the many giveaways during the Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month are the Shortcut Kits, voluntary bundles that will unlock various weapons for Battlefield 4 (the base game), allowing you to make up for lost time, or just catch up if you’re new to the game. The Shortcut Kits are now available for download at no cost for a limited time.
    Pistol kit is; M9, QSZ-92, MP443, Shorty 12G, G18, FN57, M1911, 93R, CZ-75, .44 Magnum, and Compact 45
    I don't really know how to read this. Has BF4 dropped in numbers that EA are throwing free shyte at us so we start playing again?

I haven't played in 2 weeks, but every so often I feel the urge, and play for a couple of months. Is this aimed at casual gamers like myself, or what is EA playing at?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This is the continuation of the freebies for the month of February. Log in to Battlelog every day for a free bronze battlepack, and every weekend day for a silver battlepack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Anyone not seeing the DMR shortcut kit? I've applied the handguns fine but not seeing DMR in the store at all.
    Yes I have premium..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Go here: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/shortcut-kits-now-live/
    Click the black/orange button at the bottom of the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I got the pistol one, Battlefield 9 would be out by the time I got all the pistols on the 360. Already pretty much had every other gun unlocked bar some shotguns so said I'd leave something to work towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Go here: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/shortcut-kits-now-live/
    Click the black/orange button at the bottom of the post.

Bloody hell I'm some idiot. Thanks mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

You'd unlock all the pistols in one evening on a pistols-only server. The DMRs, until the recent buff, were a different matter.

Thing is, if they're free now, it means they had them lined up as things people would pay for later on (you can even see the original pricing when you go to the pistol one), so ha, I was right, EA's going to microtransaction the poop out of BF4, and it's probably just going to get more pervasive the more DLCs get released. Lookout soon for the China Rising shortcut pack, the Second Assault shortcut pack, and later the full weapon shortcut packs that unlock every attachment for a particular weapon for the low low price of more money than you paid to get the game in the first place.

Sparks wrote: »
    You'd unlock all the pistols in one evening on a pistols-only server. The DMRs, until the recent buff, were a different matter.

Thing is, if they're free now, it means they had them lined up as things people would pay for later on (you can even see the original pricing when you go to the pistol one), so ha, I was right, EA's going to microtransaction the poop out of BF4, and it's probably just going to get more pervasive the more DLCs get released. Lookout soon for the China Rising shortcut pack, the Second Assault shortcut pack, and later the full weapon shortcut packs that unlock every attachment for a particular weapon for the low low price of more money than you paid to get the game in the first place.
    Xbox 360 doesn't have pistol servers, hence why I got the shortcut pack. I'd love a pistol only server.

Was it Bad Company 2 or BF3 that had the shortcut bundles as well? This is nothing new to be honest, just the fact we got them for "free" is. Although I'm sure they'll find a way to recoup that.

BF3 had (still has) the shortcut bundles.
    And it's not the shortcut bundle idea I mind so much - but I'd prefer a more upfront business model here. Do the planetside 2 thing where you pay a lower base cost, but then buy any individual weapon or attachement by microtransactions. Or do the model we used to have where you had a higher base cost but got everything right from the start. But trying to mash the two together is just too obvious, y'know?
    It's like that EA speech from the DICE summit where they said BF4 had had a successful launch. Well, yes, in that you got our money but not so much in that it's broken. So be less obvious while being greedy, eh lads?

BF3 had (still has) the shortcut bundles.
    And it's not the shortcut bundle idea I mind so much - but I'd prefer a more upfront business model here. Do the planetside 2 thing where you pay a lower base cost, but then buy any individual weapon or attachement by microtransactions. Or do the model we used to have where you had a higher base cost but got everything right from the start. But trying to mash the two together is just too obvious, y'know?
    It's like that EA speech from the DICE summit where they said BF4 had had a successful launch. Well, yes, in that you got our money but not so much in that it's broken. So be less obvious while being greedy, eh lads?
    Ah but this is EA you're talking about, they're sly greedy gits by nature :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Advertisement

Was there *anyone* who hadn't unlocked them all by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

People who haven't bought the game yet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Was there *anyone* who hadn't unlocked them all by now?

Even me, and I'm ****e to be fair... :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

ShaneU wrote: »
    Grenades are the easiest weapons to unlock in bf4 Tbf.

#Worst free unlock ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

when are shotguns going free ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

now click the Premium giveaway button at the end of this post again.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

deco nate wrote: »
    Grenades are the easiest weapons to unlock in bf4 Tbf.

#Worst free unlock ever!

Play 5 or less obliteration no time limit games on Operation Locker and you're sorted for all the grenades.

Advertisement