Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T20 WC 2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Like to see the Dutch do it at this stage. Other scenario more likely, they win and Zimbabwe go through...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

too little too late... Joyce's drop when Cooper was on one will cost us our qualification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

Need a few more very quick wickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

tallpaul wrote: »
    too little too late... Joyce's drop when Cooper was on one will cost us our qualification.

extremely harsh on Joyce, before that drop Holland were after smashing the bowlers all over the place and were on for the win anyway.

extremely harsh on Joyce, before that drop Holland were after smashing the bowlers all over the place and were on for the win anyway.

Maybe.. but sport is cruel, you gotta take anything you get when things are going way against you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Not when they had lost three quick wickets and Cooper's fourth wicket might have swung the momentum back in our favour. As it was, he was able to keep pushing on. It was the crucial moment in the game and when you factor in his suicidal run out in Ireland's innings...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

tallpaul wrote: »
    Not when they had lost three quick wickets and Cooper's fourth wicket might have swung the momentum back in our favour. As it was, he was able to keep pushing on. It was the crucial moment in the game and when you factor in his suicidal run out in Ireland's innings...

Natural to look for scapegoats, but it's very rare that a single mistake is the cause of a loss.

I'm following on Cricinfo, but it strikes me that it's more about the Dutch playing out of their skins that Ireland doing anything particularly badly.

they need 12 off 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Total disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Do it Holland and I'll cheer you guys on for the rest of this

• Advertisement

7 from 6 needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

TrueDub wrote: »
    I'm following on Cricinfo, but it strikes me that it's more about the Dutch playing out of their skins that Ireland doing anything particularly badly.

The bowling has been fairly awful and even our fielding has been ropey. No question this is all about the brilliance of the Holland batting today, but we did nothing with the ball to help outselves.

That's it - we are out

What a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sasana Paddy

Shambles! Joe Schmidt to replace P Simmons!

Congratz to NL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

I know its T20 and anything can happen in the short form of the game, surely there'll be a big post mortem on this. Freak result?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

It was the start they had in the PP. Very hard to come back from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,705 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Fair play to the Dutch, well played.

Well they deserved it! And we got what we deserved too.. if you can't defend 190 in 20 overs......................................

To lose in 14 overs - unbelievable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The most incredible innings I've ever see, by my god that was abject ****e from us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

All I can do is laugh. Christ!

Hand it to Holland, amazing knock.

Stunning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Shame for us but that was fantastic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I know its T20 and anything can happen in the short form of the game, surely there'll be a big post mortem on this. Freak result?

There'll be a post mortem in the squad, but no over-reactions. It's hugely disappointing, but nothing more.

I'm glad they did it to qualify, fair play to them for going for it.

Unfortunate we had an off-day with the ball, but kudos to the Dutch for taking advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Dan man

How can Netherlands not have ODI status? Seems so wrong.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,194 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Feel very sorry for the Irish, but what a match. The NL just went out and took the risks - don't thiunk anyone can complain and I'm pleased the NL progress ahead of Zimbabwe given the way they batted today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Cant even begin to describe this. One of the best results you will ever see from a game of cricket (I thought it would take a lot to top us scoring 328 against England; this is up there). Ridiculous stuff.

Im very glad that its Holland and not Zimbabwe going through. Anything that raises the profile of associate cricket is good for all of us.

Big loss of revenue for the game in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hats off to Netherlands. some achievement

• Advertisement

Dan man wrote: »
    How can Netherlands not have ODI status? Seems so wrong.

Because ODIs are a different form of the game, and their results in that form simply haven't been good enough recently.

And because of the daft rule that associates have to maintain their standards while full members don't, they lose their status.

Advertisement