Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T20 WC 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

keps wrote: »
    2 Ducks

1-2

Maybe it's just as well we didn't make it

They were awesome against Ireland but their batting here has been very naive,you can't smash Lanka all around the place like they attempted to.

Unless you are Virat Kohli. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

It gets worse

1-3

not doing a lot for 'associates'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Rjd2 wrote: »
    They were awesome against Ireland but their batting here has been very naive,you can't smash Lanka all around the place like they attempted to.

Yeah I think they lost the run of themselves. 20/0 after 5 overs would have been a lot better than 11/4...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Just highlights again the deficiencies in our bowling when we played them.. they'll do very well to put an honest face on this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

deise300 wrote: »
    yet another power failure.... :/ the dutch could be bowled for under 40 the way theyre going....

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Bit embarrassing for the Dutch - 39/9.... not great for the associates either. I'm sure we would have done better but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

All out for 39 in 10 overs..... :(

Hope Deise, you put a bet on that projected score of 40!!

That was just painful to watch. All out for 39. Some of the batting was just awful; they are better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

39 all out!!......Lowest T20 score ever!!

After a couple of T20 classics in the last couple of days we get to see this:(

Hopefully we won't see 3 more games like this in this group

This could still prove to be a classic; the game isnt over yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

djimi wrote: »
    This could still prove to be a classic; the game isnt over yet ;)

It'll be over in 3.2 overs....:pac::pac:......unless of course Dilshan plays a Yuvraj like innings from yesterday:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

how many balls to win? I'm going with 22

Hollands bowling isnt up to much and SL will be looking at NRR here; Im going to say they will be looking to finish this off inside 20 balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

We would have put up a far better fight then this crowd :(

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deise300

I'm gonna go for exactly 3 overs....

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deise300

BarryD wrote: »
    Bit embarrassing for the Dutch - 39/9.... not great for the associates either. I'm sure we would have done better but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

All out for 39 in 10 overs..... :(

Hope Deise, you put a bet on that projected score of 40!!

haha I was seriously hoping for them to put somewhat of a decent score, once Tom Cooper was gone that was it though!

3 balls, two dropping just short of catches...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Have only just seen the score of the Dutch.

And that team ran up 193 against Ireland?? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Why do South Africa bother with World cups?

Team full of gutless chokers who have no idea how to win anything

Go away and stop wasting everyone's time. :)
    I know right?

What have you to say about JP Duminy today? MotM in the PE test and carrying their batting here. He is the future of SA cricket. In all formats.:)

pajor wrote: »
    Have only just seen the score of the Dutch.

And that team ran up 193 against Ireland?? :eek:

They tried to bat like they were playing against Ireland...

Gillespy wrote: »
    I know right?

What have you to say about JP Duminy today? MotM in the PE test and carrying their batting here. He is the future of SA cricket. In all formats.:)

Credit to the lad, played well here as he did against Australia.

It still does not mean that his previous few years since his test debut he has done sweet **** all when the pressure was on.

Dale got them back from the brink along with some naive batting from Munro and Ronchi, they got away with it to be honest.

Oh and Steyn should have got MOTM.

As I said Morne bowling the second last over????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

djimi wrote: »
    They tried to bat like they were playing against Ireland...

Explains something. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭marc96

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    We would have put up a far better fight then this crowd :(

How can u say that??u got hammered by them now u think u would play better than them against a proper side???

marc96 wrote: »
    How can u say that??u got hammered by them now u think u would play better than them against a proper side???

You say that like you think Hollands performance on Friday was indication of their vast superiority over Ireland?

Im very confident that Ireland would have put up a better fight of it today. Im not saying that we would have won, or even put on a competitive total, but our batting is quite a bit better than that sort of performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

If my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle.

Ireland probably would have played better than the Netherlands today, and made more of a game of it, but the Netherlands convincingly beat Ireland to make it to the knock out stage so we will never know.

As I said Morne bowling the second last over????????

You're awfully harsh on players and quick to write them off. wink.png Morne copped some today, happens in T20. I do agree he flatters to deceive and doesn't use his assets to their fullest. I would like to see Philander with the swing that's out there with the new ball.

marc96 wrote: »

I think Ireland would have done better as well but I wouldn't put money on it.

look at the records in cricket which feature minnow beating and Lanka feature heavily.

They have knocked Canada over once and Zimbabwe twice for under 40 and set the highest international 20/20 score against Kenya (260/6)

The likes of Kohli can boss their bowlers but for batsmen from the associates on these pitches the likes of Malinga and mendis can be really tough.

You're awfully harsh on players and quick to write them off. wink.png Morne copped some today, happens in T20. I do agree he flatters to deceive and doesn't use his assets to their fullest. I would like to see Philander with the swing that's out there with the new ball.

Its a strange one with Saffers, they choked on Saturday and were lucky Anderson batted so low and Dale was awesome.

No guarantee they will even qualify let alone win it though.

Morne is a good limited over bowler but its the confidence issue with him.

Alternatives? De Lange is as brittle as Cummins, Morris injured,hendricks underwhelmed against Aus and Vern kept for test cricket.

I'd actually persist with him anyways.

On paper SA have as many match winners as any other team, Miller and AB especially, then Duminy, Amla, A. Morkel and Faf. Steyn in the bowling and credit to Tahir he is doing a good job here also. Brilliant in the field. It would be nice to see them doing well and lose that tag they have.

On paper SA have as many match winners as any other team, Miller and AB especially, then Duminy, Amla, A. Morkel and Faf. Steyn in the bowling and credit to Tahir he is doing a good job here also. Brilliant in the field. It would be nice to see them doing well and lose that tag they have.

But they have worked so hard to earn that and kept it for so long:P

Miller is a gun, and will be key in all formats in the next decade but he is not getting enough time to bat. Guy is a slow starter so needs time more than The Big Show who goes mental from ball one

Not sure how they fix that really,not keen on Amla opening, think he bats a little to slowly,and he has shown no sign of been able to accelerate, maybe get Faf to open and allow he and De Kock to go hard in the first six?

Again I can't get to excited, were smashed last week by Australia, and their 20/20 form has not exactly been anything exciting over the years.

• Advertisement

But still, love Dale so much

NippyLightheartedGroundhog.gif

Advertisement