Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T20 WC 2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Hmm.. the English wheels are coming off! 73/3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

England falling away after a great start....

Here's a chance for Butler to prove his worth

Strange innings from Morgan

England done and dusted I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

booth70 wrote: »
    Strange innings from Morgan

England done and dusted I think

If run rate is anything to go by, yup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Nicely timed to switch over to Arsenal v Man City

Then Leinster v Munster

God it's exhausting:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Stop picking Jade Dernbach. Please.

Childish

keps wrote: »
    Childish

I've watched Jade for three years now bowl complete and utter filth. he does not learn and its an absolute travesty for bowlers in county cricket to be ignored consistently for him no matter how badly he does.

We all know he is going to fail every game and really does turning on it against a so-so Pakistan 20/20 in 2012 team merit so many opportunities.:confused:

Also

Worst economy rate in ODIs (min 1000 balls) - Jade Dernbach Worst economy rate in T20Is (min 100 overs) - Jade Dernbach
    https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=TheCricketGeek&original_referer=http://inagist.com/all/449930173501415424/

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I've watched Jade for three years now bowl complete and utter filth. he does not learn and its an absolute travesty for bowlers in county cricket to be ignored consistently for him no matter how badly he does.

We all know he is going to fail every game and really does turning on it against a so-so Pakistan 20/20 team merit so many opportunities.:confused:

No need to fill a page with the same message repeated 500 times
    Surprised at a mod supporting you

We all know he is going to fail every game and really does turning on it against a so-so Pakistan 20/20 team merit so many opportunities.:confused:

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/12461.html?class=3;template=results;type=bowling;view=innings

Just checked his career history, yep exasperating to watch and a complete and utter hack in this and ODI cricket where he is statistically the worst bowler of all time.

What makes it more amusing the last time he gunned it was against a very poor Pakistan batting t20 team. Shafiq??? A test player.

Zia? A useless slogger and a regressing Umar Akmal. In 2012.

So since then one good performance against Australia.

Superstar. Indeed.

• Advertisement

No need to fill a page with the same message

Fair Enough.

but still look at his career.

Its one of the few things i am right about in life about is Jade!!!!

True Enough.

but still look at his match summary!

Its one of the few things i am right about in life about is Jade!!!!

Well you have deleted the 500 repeats of the same message- I suppose that was to make me look like the one who was wrong?

Well you have deleted the 500 repeats of the same message- I suppose that was to make me look the the one who was wrong?

Nope you have done nothing wrong or suggested nothing wrong. :)

Unless you are suggesting Jade is good at 20/20 international bowling:P

Then its duel at Noon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Dernbach is a prodigious chucker of pies, coupled with being a particularly obnoxious personality. 2 reasons he shouldn't be picked, but this fascination the coaching staff have with his "variations" mean he gets picked regardless. That and he plays for Surrey.

Dernbach is a prodigious chucker of pies, coupled with being a particularly obnoxious personality. 2 reasons he shouldn't be picked, but this fascination the coaching staff have with his "variations" mean he gets picked regardless. That and he plays for Surrey.

Could be worse they could be picking Jason Roy for his "explosive" batting.

jade's personality really does not help his cause either, his twitter used to be especially obnoxious. Ishant for a long time would have been the Indian version of him, but never got the same amount of criticism because he was a quiet hard working if untalented bowler.

he was yelling abuse at David Wiley a pinch hitter in the 20/20 English final for smacking him and sadly its not the first time he has kicked off on the pitch.

If you are going to carry yourself like that you need to be really special sadly.

Oh and of course their was Cameron White as well, a proven 20/20 gun who makes huge money, he was trying to start a ruckus with which was entertaining as White was hammering him at that time and has gone out of his way to smash him silly everytime they have clashed since.

They are just 2 incidents sadly.

Christ, Saturday night and I am looking up and Dernbach stats and debating his "skills", LOL at me.:(:(

Never thought I'd be inclined to unsubscribe from a cricket thread- but there you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Jade was unlucky today imho and hopefully the selectors will persist and give him the summer test matches too. 95mph with all the skillz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

No need to fill a page with the same message repeated 500 times
    Surprised at a mod supporting you

If it's me you are surprised about, I don't moderate this forum, so I am open to exactly the same rules and standards as you are. Besides, I didn't thank the post you considered childish. Being a moderator anywhere on the forum doesn't stop people having an opinion or agreeing with others.

This is dreadful from Bangladesh, no effort on the pitch so far, really feel for their fans.Even Malik is scoring runs:pac:

Something clearly wrong behind the scene though, been like this for a while now.

Shezhad looks a very good player though, if he and Umar could kick on it would be great for Pakistan especially with Younis and Misbah coming towards the end of their careers.

• Advertisement

Pakistan posting 190/5. Can't see Bangladesh making that.

Shezhad reaching 111.

They are going to struggle to get 100.

Shower of wasters. :mad:

A tweet highlighted the other day on cricinfo, said that besides from the disaster against SL, NL have been far more competitive than Bangladesh. Have to agree.

pajor wrote: »
    A tweet highlighted the other day on cricinfo, said that besides from the disaster against SL, NL have been far more competitive than Bangladesh. Have to agree.
    They have been much more entertaining to watch, even the trashing against Lanka was fun to watch if for the wrong reasons.

Nepal, Afghanistan,Hong Kong Ireland, Zimbabwe have entertained me more than Bangladesh who have folded quite meekly against everyone. For the host nation with such a better infrastructure than those named and who regularly play the test teams in all format its a poor effort.

Bangladesh finishing on 140/7. Pakistan winning by 50 runs.

They have been much more entertaining to watch, even the trashing against Lanka was fun to watch if for the wrong reasons.

Nepal, Afghanistan,Hong Kong Ireland, Zimbabwe have entertained me more than Bangladesh who have folded quite meekly against everyone. For the host nation with such a better infrastructure than those named and who regularly play the test teams in all format its a poor effort.

Agree.....Bangladesh have regressed as a cricketing nation....they have been dire these last few years.....most of the players taking their places for granted and it reflects in their attitude on the field...no suitable replacements waiting in the wings.....can't see them coming out of this rut

The ICC should seriously consider stripping them of their test status until they can get their domestic cricketing structure in order....something must be seriously wrong at the domestic level

Their fans on the other hand have been absolutely brilliant and deserve better

India 53/3 and struggling......both the form players of the earlier games gone.....Not so easy is it batting first!

Hopefully Yuvraj bats himself into some form.....can't see India getting anything else out of this game

India 53/3 and struggling......both the form players of the earlier games gone.....Not so easy is it batting first!

Hopefully Yuvraj bats himself into some form.....can't see India getting anything else out of this game

Kohli fails:eek::eek:

At least he picked a somewhat meaningless game to do it.

Rahene did ok,think Yuvi has to get a score here sadly, knives are out for him.

Back to back sixes!

• Advertisement

Yuvraj and Dhoni picking up the pace. Yuvraj making 50 too.

Run rate of 14 in last 5 overs.

Advertisement