Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T20 WC 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Best player across all 3 formats. Will be awesome for 10+ years.

Was going to put a bet on for RCB to win 2014 IPL...Kohli, Ab, Gayle, Yuvraj. All sounds good, but down the list I land on Albie :(

I'd say if you analysed the tournament so far you would discover these bitsnpieces players have proven to be a waste of space.

Yuvraj has been poor in the IPL for ages and I think Gayle is past his peak. Bangalore will rely way to much on AB and Virat like they have for years, their bowling is pitiful, I wouldn't be keen myself.

They also signed Starc but I can't get excited about him after he was hammered in this competition.

I think with bits and pieces cricketers if the conditions suit them you can get away with it or at least minamilse damage, Albie on a green pitch may not have been such a waste, but here? The world knew he was not really needed and they should have tried to get in another spinner.

Although India with Kohli in such form would have been favorites to chase anything.

They are just a better team in 20/20 especially in the SC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Gillespy

I never knew Kohlie was nicknamed King Joffrey. That's not a compliment.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Kohli's innings was special.......he will be to Indian cricket in the next 10 yrs or so what SRT was for the last couple of decades.

While AB is destructively innovative in an unorthodox way , Kohli is perfectly effective in a classical fashion.....both simply ooze class and are the Lara and Tendulkar of this generation

India look unstoppable.....but I had written Sri Lanka off after they lost to England....SL have a couple of their own stalwarts retiring so the team will be pushing to give them a farewell gift to remember

Should be a good final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

I'd say if you analysed the tournament so far you would discover these bitsnpieces players have proven to be a waste of space.

Is that not a bit harsh - it's a very tough unforgiving format of the game. What did HonalD call it above, popcorn cricket. The pressure is fairly constant from the get go and there's little opportunity for a player to recover from the odd careless shot or poor over.

I suppose the best shine through but it's kinda harsh on others with less luck to call them a waste of space!!

BarryD wrote: »
    Is that not a bit harsh - it's a very tough unforgiving format of the game. What did HonalD call it above, popcorn cricket. The pressure is fairly constant from the get go and there's little opportunity for a player to recover from the odd careless shot or poor over.

Quite a few of them when Albie is about:P:pac:

But they didn't lose today because of him, obviously he did not help but India are just a much better t20 team in the sub continent.

All the talk is about Kohli and rightfully so, but Ashwin was fantastic in the first innings, Tahir had nowhere the same effect and Jadeja was much more useful than JPs bowling.

I'd also point some blame at Faf for opening with JP and Albie as well, gave the momentum straight to India also.

Dhoni had a nightmare as well today as captain which is strange as he is normally really sharp in the limited over stuff.

Anyways lets hope Sri Lanka make a game of it Sunday, I don't like Lanka as much as other neutrals do, so will be cheering on India.:D

ColorlessFancyBrownbear.gif

• Advertisement

Just an observation......

Du Plessis in his post match interview alluded to his experience with CSK and mentioned that half the Indian team were his mates from CSK

Being in the same teams in the IPL makes them great mates (I also read somewhere recently what good friends Kohli is with AB and Steyn from their times together at RCB) but I wonder whether this makes these international matches (excluding the recent Aus v WI clash of course!!) less fiery and less competitive than they should be:confused:

The most intense, energy sapping T20 match I have seen since it's inception was the Ind v Aus 2007 World Cup semi-final and that was before the IPL started

booth70 wrote: »
    Just an observation......

Du Plessis in his post match interview alluded to his experience with CSK and mentioned that half the Indian team were his mates from CSK

Being in the same teams in the IPL makes them great mates (I also read somewhere recently what good friends Kohli is with AB and Steyn from their times together at RCB) but I wonder whether this makes these international matches (excluding the recent Aus v WI clash of course!!) less fiery and less competitive than they should be:confused:

The most intense, energy sapping T20 match I have seen since it's inception was the Ind v Aus 2007 World Cup semi-final and that was before the IPL started

Its a good point, but the Pakistan boys have been out of the IPL for years now and their recent matches never seem as heated, the world cup semi final, both teams looked very friendly with each other.

I think Twitter and social networking has brought players closer together, and of course the IPL has as well.

Although saying that I don't think India v Australia games are to friendly, their was a lot of bad blood in the last test series with Warner, Jadeja, Watson all involved in trolling each other.
    The last ODI series had a few moments as well mainly with Dhawan pretending to be injured to piss of Watson.

I'd expect when India travel to Australia towards the end of the year, their will be a barrage of insults and flash points along with Aussie quicks trying to kill India with speed.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I'd expect when India travel to Australia towards the end of the year, their will be a barrage of insults and flash points along with Aussie quicks trying to kill India with speed.:P

I can't wait. None of this lovey dovey stuff, not that the Aussies could ever be accused of it.

Gillespy wrote: »
    I can't wait. None of this lovey dovey stuff, not that the Aussies could ever be accused of it.

Definitely some bad blood between them, always seems to be some incidents in recent series, bizarre when you consider how friendly India v Pakistan is normally these days.:pac:

Both sides give it out, most recent examples in ODI series, mocking an injury is awful and Dhawan is not the most likable but it is Watson, so conflicted what to think:pac:

While Watson is no saint either that was pathetic from Dhawan

It's no coincidence that Dhawan's form dipped considerably since that incident.....there is a thing we Indians believe in called karma:)

Agree that recent Ind v Aus matches have been acrimonious affairs more so since the infamous Monkeygate Sydney Test of 2008....recent reciprocal 4-0 drubbings in the last 2 Test series in Australia and India haven't helped either!.

Disappointing that India and Pakistan play each other so rarely nowadays that their rivalry appears to have fizzled out

• Advertisement

Dhoni gave Dhawan a look of death, didn't seem impressed at all, total class act.

It won't be forgotten , Johnson will go very hard at him when they play.

Rahane gone

5 for 1

Over to Kohli......again:confused:

India need to get a move on here

64/1 in 10 Overs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

India need to get a move on here

64/1 in 10 Overs

Surprisingly slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Kohli is just awesome to watch. Should have been caught twice though

Kohli is just awesome to watch. Should have been caught twice though

Yep of all people to put down, last thing he needs is luck in this sort of form.:pac:

Yep of all people to put down, last thing he needs is luck in this sort of form.:pac:

kohli to finish on a 100

Yuvraj...10 off 19. Would he be better retiring hurt to get MS or Raina in?

What a dreadful innings from Yuvraj:mad:

India missed a trick by not sending Raina in ahead of Yuvraj and he's taking up all the strike in the final overs:mad::mad::mad:

What a dreadful innings from Yuvraj:mad:

India missed a trick by not sending Raina in ahead of Yuvraj and he's taking up all the strike in the final overs:mad::mad::mad:

Why was he batting ahead of Raina a better t20 bat and who is in much better form and loves batting with Kohli??:confused::confused:

Raina won't get a bat now, Dhoni batting now, he needs to score runs as he will be held responsible for batting Yuvraj at 4.

• Advertisement

You all jinxed him :pac: Singh out for 11, replaced by Dhoni.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Yuvraj has been has rubbish all tournament apart from 1 half decent innings, India only have themselves to blame for sending him out/picking him. Hes a rubbish fielder too. Kohli looks like he wants to smack Yuvraj over the head with his bat, I can't blame him.

not going well for MS here either. poor old kohli, only facing 4 balls in the last 4 overs

Dhoni looks like an amateur here swinging with zero technique.

[QUOTE=Davei141;89805933]Yuvraj has been has rubbish all tournament apart from 1 half decent innings, India only have themselves to blame for sending him out/picking him. Hes a rubbish fielder too. Kohli looks like he wants to smack Yuvraj over the head with his bat, I can't blame him.[/QUOTE]

This. A million times this.

No sympathy for Dhoni or the selectors, everyone knows Raina is the better bat and in better form.

A mental call.

Imagine how Bangalore fans feel watching this, cost them 3 million and they spend majority of their transfer war chest on him:o

What a stage to put in your worst batting performance:mad::mad:

As terrible as India's innings was credit to Sri Lanka for getting all their death bowling perfectly right......BRILLIANT from SL

All the momentum is with SL and If SL can't chase this down they'll never get a better chance to win a World Cup

This. A million times this.

No sympathy for Dhoni or the selectors, everyone knows Raina is the better bat and in better form.

A mental call.

Imagine how Bangalore fans feel watching this, cost them 3 million and they spend majority of their transfer war chest on him:o

3 million for Yuvraj is that a wind up? The guy is a slogger with zero technique, I'm sure there a million of them that would cost far less.

Now that is insult to injury.

Plenty of death bowling and I think SL have done enough of it.

What a stage to put in your worst batting performance:mad::mad:

As terrible as India's innings was credit to Sri Lanka for getting all their death bowling perfectly right......BRILLIANT from SL

All the momentum is with SL and If SL can't chase this down they'll never get a better chance to win a World Cup

apart from the 2 drops their fielding was excellent as well. India scrambled so many 2's against SA, very few today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Sure looks that way! But maybe it's not such a good wicket for batting? Guess it depends on what start they get, sometimes too easy a total is as tricky as too high :)

Advertisement