Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T20 WC 2014

1303132333436»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

India still have a chance, most finals are never high scoring games as the pressure/quality of bowling restricts the score. Early wicket and the pressure is back on Sri Lanka, wouldn't want to be in the indian dressing room though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Enough said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

booth70 wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Enough said

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Davei141 wrote: »
    3 million for Yuvraj is that a wind up? The guy is a slogger with zero technique, I'm sure there a million of them that would cost far less.

About 2.3 million, still not bad money:pac::pac:

Yuvraj at his peak was an absolute gun in limited over cricket especially in knock out matches but that was a long time ago sadly.

India still have a soft spot for him but after today win or lose he may never play for India again.

Game on! Early wicket! 5-1 Perrera gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Think both Jaya and Dilshan are past their best but in this particular situation experience is the biggest factor and with such a makeable target it would be hard to pick a better partnership to keep calm heads than them two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Wouldn't it be nice of Mahela and Sanga could bring SL home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Think both Jaya and Dilshan are past their best but in this particular situation experience is the biggest factor and with such a makeable target it would be hard to pick a better partnership to keep calm heads than them two.

I think you spoke too soon. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Classy from Kholi there.

Well that's that. The end of Yuvraj's Indian career. Well done Sri Lanka but Kohli did not deserve to be on the losing side.

• Advertisement

From perennial bridesmaids to winners finally

Happy for Sangakkara and Jayawardene and happy for Sri Lanka

WELL DONE SRI LANKA:):)

.....and thanks for the memories but hopefully goodbye Yuvraj Singh:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Davei141 wrote: »
    Well that's that. The end of Yuvraj's Indian career. Well done Sri Lanka but Kohli did not deserve to be on the losing side.

Maybe, but the selectors and Dhoni should take the blame here. Dhoni has changed the order loads to suit the match situation, heck he promoted himself to number 4 in the ODI World cup final to bat ahead of Yuvraj who actually was in form at the time:pac:

No reason for him not to do the same here, the fact that Raina and Jadeja did not bad today and the Yuvraj inning probably cost them 20 runs which were crucial. :mad:

Well done Lanka though.:)

Great interview from Mahela.....good to see how much it mattered to him and his team mates:)

Rjd2 wrote: »
    No reason for him not to do the same here, the fact that Raina and Jadeja did not bad today and the Yuvraj inning probably cost them 20 runs which were crucial. :mad:

Well done Lanka though.:)

Him sticking with Yuvraj at 4 was Dhoni trying to stick two fingers up to the majority opinion in the Indian media that Yuvraj was finished.....except he chose the wrong match to do it

I can understand 130/9 in 20 overs but not 130/3 in 20:mad:

Jadeja is another under performer who should be dropped, his economy this tournament must be shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

An observation re Ireland in this T20 tournament. I think I'm right in observing that we posted about the joint seventh highest total (189) in that match against the Dutch. See http://www.espncricinfo.com/world-t20/engine/series/628368.html

The highest was 196 by South Africa. Looking back, how on earth did we manage to let the Dutch pass that 189 total in under 14 overs? When looked at in the context of the other games, that was extraordinary - we should have been home & dry easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Jonny_Darcy

Yes it was really one of those amazing innings from the Dutch batsmen , Ireland had actually put up a very decent total. Momentum is so important in the shorter versions of cricket. It reminded me of when Ireland beat England in the 'I cant believe this is happening' stakes, just a lot less jumping around the living room :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Indeed - disbelief!!. When I look again, I see that in the 35 matches only two teams put up a higher 1st innings total and one equaled Ireland's 189.

Edited to add, I guess that's the positive to take from the tournament :)

Advertisement