Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Cash Withdrawls.

Options
  • 20-02-2014 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

Had the misfortune to misplace my wallet last week, and had to ordee new cards, was told i could withdraw cash from the counter if need be in the meantime but unfortunately my work hours means i cant always get to a branch during business hours.

I see one of the banks based both in the UK and Ireland are offering a service, where a customer is able to use a ATM without a card, or even Chip and Pin facility after talking to a cutomer service agent who provides a once off code/password/authorisation.

Any plans for BOI to offer such a service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Mint Sauce,

Thanks for your post. 

We're not aware of any upcoming plans to launch a service like this. We will pass on your suggestion to our Web Development and Visa Debit Teams for consideration.

If you're registered for online banking but cannot make it into a branch during working hours, perhaps a family member or friend would allow you to transfer funds to their account and they could withdraw for you at the ATM, using their card. I understand it's not ideal but may help as a once off, if you urgently need access to cash.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭clo1

Hi, I am wondering if I can withdraw cash from any BOI branch without my ATM card as I lost it last week and will not receive my new one for a while. Is this possible at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

clo1 wrote: »
    Hi, I am wondering if I can withdraw cash from any BOI branch without my ATM card as I lost it last week and will not receive my new one for a while. Is this possible at all?
    Hi clo1,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

You can withdraw cash at any of our branches that are not cashless branches once you have photo ID.

To check your local branch facilities cash withdrawals please see here:

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/branch-locator/

Please note for cash withdrawals of €5,000 or more 24 hours notice is required. Please see link below for order form:

https://form.bankofireland.com/business-banking/business-supports/coin-ordering-form/

Thanks again,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Just wondering in 2016 if there are any plans to introduce this emergency cash system where you can withdraw some money without an atm card?

My atm card is suddenly faulty and the amount of inconvenience this has caused is huge. No money for the weekend and two phone calls, time off work and 4 queues to get money out. I see Permanent TSB and Ulster Bank offer this. I think AIB might also offer this. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Weyhey,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you experienced difficulty with arranging a replacement card. If you should need to request another one in the future, you can do this through Online Service Desk on 365 Online. 

We don't have an emergency ATM cash service but we'll ensure to pass on your suggestion.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Greatos

Hi Mint Sauce,

Thanks for your post. 

We're not aware of any upcoming plans to launch a service like this. We will pass on your suggestion to our Web Development and Visa Debit Teams for consideration.

If you're registered for online banking but cannot make it into a branch during working hours, perhaps a family member or friend would allow you to transfer funds to their account and they could withdraw for you at the ATM, using their card. I understand it's not ideal but may help as a once off, if you urgently need access to cash.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Bank Of Ireland 

I was wonering when the mobile Contactless service will come since you do not have any other alternative for us?
    Its been more than 1.5 years since other Banks started this.

Thanks 

Greatos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thanks Greatos for getting in touch here today and your interest in phone payments.

We have no further update on this. Please be assured all feedback received is always passed to the relevant departments. We will certainly send this on and thank you for taking the time to send us your interest here.

If this is to change in the future we will certainly advise all customers.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Thanks Greatos for getting in touch here today and your interest in phone payments.

We have no further update on this. Please be assured all feedback received is always passed to the relevant departments. We will certainly send this on and thank you for taking the time to send us your interest here.

If this is to change in the future we will certainly advise all customers.

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Many thanks Alison for answering my request.

I hope BOI understands the urgency of this issue, you can not get cash if you loose your card on Friday evening , until Monday morning.
    But again only a handful of branches offers cash service on the counter!
    Could you please escalate this issue and get us a workaround solution?

Thanks and regards,
    Greatos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Greatos wrote: »
    Many thanks Alison for answering my request.

I hope BOI understands the urgency of this issue, you can not get cash if you loose your card on Friday evening , until Monday morning.
    But again only a handful of branches offers cash service on the counter!
    Could you please escalate this issue and get us a workaround solution?

Thanks and regards,
    Greatos

The only other workaround we could suggest in this instance is to transfer to another Family member or Friend.

Thanks Jen.

The only other workaround we could suggest in this instance is to transfer to another Family member or Friend.

Thanks Jen.

Hi Jennifer,
    This solution is not acceptable because that implies the presence of that family member or friend at time you need cash!
    Please escalate this issue.
    Regards,
    Greatos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Greatos wrote: »
    The only other workaround we could suggest in this instance is to transfer to another Family member or Friend.

Thanks Jen.

Hi Jennifer,
    This solution is not acceptable because that implies the presence of that family member or friend at time you need cash!
    Please escalate this issue.
    Regards,
    Greatos

Thanks for getting back to us here Greatos. Please be assured that we take note of all feedback that we receive through our social media platforms. If you'd like to raise this as an official complaint I've given a link here that shows how you can do this.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement