Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

low battery warning

Options
  • 20-02-2014 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Just looking for little advice for my home alarm, not sure of the model but its an aritech for sure.

Its been reporting a low battery, and i had a search around and there was a post here on boards saying to remove the panel to replace the backup battery...so i did that..but for the life of me i cant see any battery to remove....picture attached

Anyone any advice...freel free to opint out where im an idiot:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i think that's just the keypad, the actual battery should be in a box nearby.
    under stairs or in the hot press
    the battery looks like a small car battery

i think :) hth

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

cheers for that!!

That gives me so me cable tracing to do...ive no idea where that box may be.....ill check it out when i get home!!! Good start though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

xgtdec wrote: »
    cheers for that!!

That gives me so me cable tracing to do...ive no idea where that box may be.....ill check it out when i get home!!! Good start though!

It is the back up battery in the control panel.
    The control panel may be in the hot press or attic if you have not seen it before. If you post a picture we can tell you the replacement battery you will need.

Hi Guys

Finally found it..all the way in the attic!

got the cover off and entered my code to know off the siren and this is what i saw....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

It is a 12 volt 7 amp battery, available in most electrical distributors or Maplins etc .......but Maplins will fleece you.

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »
    It is a 12 volt 7 amp battery, available in most electrical distributors or Maplins etc .......but Maplins will fleece you.

Thats sound..fair play, you wouldnt have a link to one i could order online would ya?? failing that any particular brand etc??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any of the suppliers listed here would have them.
    Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thats sound..fair play, you wouldnt have a link to one i could order online would ya?? failing that any particular brand etc??

Very easy battery to source yourself and replace. Just be careful when connecting, positing to positive and negative to negative. As pointed out maplin have them available but you will be paying top dollar for them. Any electrical wholesales that sells alarms in your area will have them in stock for half the price. Just bring the old one with you.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Any of the suppliers listed here would have them.
    Where are you located?

Located in Tallaght..cheers for the list!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Located in Tallaght..cheers for the list!!!

REW in Red Cow Retail Centre, Robinhood Road in Ballymount would be handy for you or IDAS in Churchtown. Their details should be on the sticky I linked to.

• Advertisement

Got one in kellihers in ballymount, 14 euro. All sorted now!! Thanks for the advice!!!

Thanks for the update. Glad you got it sorted.

Advertisement