If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Cinema Room

Options
  • 20-02-2014 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am looking to build a home cinema room in the next couple of months (just waiting to hear back from my friendly bank manager at the moment). In order to help me budget for this, I was wondering if you could give me some advice/recommendations regarding AV equipment 

The room will be roughly 5m  x 3m when constructed and will also incorporate a home office.

1. Projector

I will not spend too much on a projector this year as I will be buying a 4k projector in the next couple of years
    I will probably go for the BENQ w1070 or Optoma HD25e 

The screen area will be roughly 2-2.5m wide, I believe that either of these projectors can be mounted at least 3m from the screen. ( I plan on purchasing screen material online and making a fixed screen myself)

I would need an appropriate ceiling mount for either projector also.

2. Speakers

I am debating on whether to buy a traditional set of 5.1 speakers and buy an extra pair of rear speakers to match to make it a 7.1 system. I really like the look of the Dali zensor packages

http://www.richersounds.com/package/speakers/speaker-packages/pah01304

Alternatively, I could go for in-wall speakers to make the room feel like a proper cinema, however the options on your website are limited. You have supplied me with in-wall speakers in the past so I was wondering if you could share some options with me.

I would require speaker wire and wall brackets (if I don`t opt for In-wall speakers)

3. AV Receiver

This is one device that will come right down to how much budget I have left as I have several old receivers that could be used temporarily and I could buy a better receiver down the line (I`d prefer to have the projector and speakers onsite already when Electricians, plasterers are there too)

Saying that, I do have my eye on the Pioneer SCLX57 so you could tempt me with the right deal:-)

Any recommendations you could make would be greatly appreciated, the aim would be to place an order for these in late march...  

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Guys,

I am looking to build a home cinema room in the next couple of months (just waiting to hear back from my friendly bank manager at the moment). In order to help me budget for this, I was wondering if you could give me some advice/recommendations regarding AV equipment 

The room will be roughly 5m  x 3m when constructed and will also incorporate a home office.

1. Projector

I will not spend too much on a projector this year as I will be buying a 4k projector in the next couple of years
    I will probably go for the BENQ w1070 or Optoma HD25e 

The screen area will be roughly 2-2.5m wide, I believe that either of these projectors can be mounted at least 3m from the screen. ( I plan on purchasing screen material online and making a fixed screen myself)

I would need an appropriate ceiling mount for either projector also.

2. Speakers

I am debating on whether to buy a traditional set of 5.1 speakers and buy an extra pair of rear speakers to match to make it a 7.1 system. I really like the look of the Dali zensor packages

http://www.richersounds.com/package/speakers/speaker-packages/pah01304

Alternatively, I could go for in-wall speakers to make the room feel like a proper cinema, however the options on your website are limited. You have supplied me with in-wall speakers in the past so I was wondering if you could share some options with me.

I would require speaker wire and wall brackets (if I don`t opt for In-wall speakers)

3. AV Receiver

This is one device that will come right down to how much budget I have left as I have several old receivers that could be used temporarily and I could buy a better receiver down the line (I`d prefer to have the projector and speakers onsite already when Electricians, plasterers are there too)

Saying that, I do have my eye on the Pioneer SCLX57 so you could tempt me with the right deal:-)

Any recommendations you could make would be greatly appreciated, the aim would be to place an order for these in late march...  

Thanks in advance,
    Hi Super,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Nice one, very exciting times.  Hope the bank manager is good to ya.

I'm sure we can get that room kitted out for you no problem :)

On the projector front they're both excellent.  I'm rather fond of the Optoma myself, we have both running in our demo room and the extra lumens does make a good difference on the Optoma.  So if it was going to be used during the day with sunlight coming in then the Optoma could be the way to go.  But if it's going to be mainly sitting down at night to watch a movie or two then the Ben Q may do the job nicely for ya :)

Current price on the Ben Q is £629.95.  And the Optoma is £749.95.

We have ceiling mounts that would suit both starting from £19.95.

For in-wall speakers we can get our hands on the whole Monitor Audio custom install range.  They have some nice options for in wall and in ceiling speakers.  

They also have their fantastic Shadow speakers.  These really look and sound the part.  Check the link below for more info:
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/shadow/

This meet bring the budget up a bit but it would honestly be worth it.  Check them out and let me know what you think.  I could try and work out a nice price for ya ;)

Nice choice on the Dali's, fantastic system.  Speakers really look the part too.  Though it's worth while checking out the Monitor Audio BX5 5.1 pack.  This has been a favorite for a while now, saves a few quid too :)  Plus they come in different finishes so wife friendly too.  Current price on this system is £1,199.95.  Could maybe shave a bit more of that if you were going for the whole lot together ;) Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/package/speakers/speaker-packages/pah011051

The mounts for the rear speakers are also included in the box so an extra few quid saved again :)

Now on to amps :)  First of I'm just going to pop this in:

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-separates-bundle-deals/pah011489

Thought it might be worth a look as you mentioned the Pioneer :)  Very nice choice btw.

If that's a bit too much then how about the Yamaha RXV 675 currently priced at £345.00.  Fantastic 5* award amp.  Sounds great and has a nice list of features such as Apple Airplay to go along with it.  Well worth a look.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv675/yama-rxv675-blk

Hopefully this info has helped you out.

Let me know if you've any questions and I'll be sure to help you out.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Cheers for the Quick Reply.

The room will be used for movie nights and football matches and the light coming into the room will be blocked when the projector is on so it sounds like the BenQ projector will be the one for me. Also, I don`t have to worry about the wife factor as this will be my man-cave and the rest of the family will only be using it on our planned saturday movie nights:-) 

What deal could you offer me for 7 Monitor audio WT150 in wall speakers and an appropriately matched subwoofer? Or if there is anything you could offer between £1000-1300?

I have a set of Monitor Audio BR2`s that I purchased off you in 2010 and they are still going strong (look fantastic in my living room and are very wife friendly) so the pioneer package will be very tempting (all depending on budget)

The yamaha is an excellent back up option - thanks for the tip

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Cheers for the Quick Reply.

The room will be used for movie nights and football matches and the light coming into the room will be blocked when the projector is on so it sounds like the BenQ projector will be the one for me. Also, I don`t have to worry about the wife factor as this will be my man-cave and the rest of the family will only be using it on our planned saturday movie nights:-) 

What deal could you offer me for 7 Monitor audio WT150 in wall speakers and an appropriately matched subwoofer? Or if there is anything you could offer between £1000-1300?

I have a set of Monitor Audio BR2`s that I purchased off you in 2010 and they are still going strong (look fantastic in my living room and are very wife friendly) so the pioneer package will be very tempting (all depending on budget)

The yamaha is an excellent back up option - thanks for the tip
    Apologies for not replying earlier, I've been out of the office a good bit over the last few days but here are some ideas to tempt :O

Monitor Audio WT150 in wall speakers ( super product!) * 7
    Monitor Audio IWA250 Stereo sub amp ( Brand new product and its completely amazing!) * 1
    Monitor Audio SUB10 - in wall subwoofer * 1
    Pioneer SCLX57 * 1 http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/pioneer/sclx57/pion-sclx57

Retail is normally just under £2700 - I can do you a Boardie special at just £1999 delivered...

If you wanted the system of WT150 / Sub10 / IWA250 without the SCLX57 from Pioneer - then the normal UK retail should be approx. £1950 - I can do it for you at just £1400 - we can of course do a conventional sub as well but if you have the luxury of building from scratch then I'd really look at the inwall IWA250/IWS10 - its really superb:
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/in-wall-subwoofer/iwa-250/
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/in-wall-subwoofer/iws-10/

(best of all, the IWA250 can actually drive 2 of the inwall subs - leave provision for an upgrade :D)

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Only one word to reply to that John: Tempting:D I was wondering how a traditional sub would look in an in-wall setup.... now I have a much better solution!

Fingers crossed I`ll be in a position to buy the Benq w1070, Pioneer SCLX57 and the monitor audio in-wall speaker package.  Keep a close eye on your inbox for a PM:-)

I`m up in belfast tomorrow, so if I have time I`ll try pop in to see what else you have on offer.

Only one word to reply to that John: Tempting:D I was wondering how a traditional sub would look in an in-wall setup.... now I have a much better solution!

Fingers crossed I`ll be in a position to buy the Benq w1070, Pioneer SCLX57 and the monitor audio in-wall speaker package.  Keep a close eye on your inbox for a PM:-)

I`m up in belfast tomorrow, so if I have time I`ll try pop in to see what else you have on offer.
    Thanks Super,

and if you are up in Belfast give the guys a call before you arrive if you want to have a blast of something - we will be really happy to set the demo room up for you..

If you are in Belfast tomorrow as well - check out Harlem Café for lunch, really great café, decent food and a great buzz!

Keep us posted,

atvb,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi Super,

Hope you;re having a good weekend :)

Did you manage to make it in to the store yesterday?  

If you're sending John a PM would you mind copying myself on it as well?  John is up to his eyes in it at the moment so isn't always near a computer.  Boards is monitored here in the shop on a daily basis so we'll make sure to get you sorted :)

Chris

Hi Super,

If you're sending John a PM would you mind copying myself on it as well?  John is up to his eyes in it at the moment so isn't always near a computer.  Boards is monitored here in the shop on a daily basis so we'll make sure to get you sorted :)

Chris
    Cheers Chris - didn`t get a chance to pop in as we had some car problems, I`m hoping get back to belfast next weekend (have to collect my car from a garage in lisburn) so will call ahead and ask for a demo of some the equipment i`m interested in.

Hi Super,

Chris
    Cheers Chris - didn`t get a chance to pop in as we had some car problems, I`m hoping get back to belfast next weekend (have to collect my car from a garage in lisburn) so will call ahead and ask for a demo of some the equipment i`m interested in.
    Hi Super.

No worries at all!

Just let us know when suits you and we can get you booked in.

Hi Super,

Chris
    Hi Super.

No worries at all!

Hi Guys,

I`m hoping to drop into your store this wednesday (2nd of april). Would it please be possible to demo the 2 projectors, the pioneer amp, a recommended blu-ray player and if at all possible the Dali speakers or monitor audio speakers (I know in-wall speakers may be difficult to demo)? I`ll bring some of my own blu-rays with me:-)

My main focus would be on the projectors. I can call the store tomorrow to confirm what time would suit on wednesday to demo the equipment.

Thanks in advance,

Hi Super,

Chris
    Hi Super.

No worries at all!

Hi Guys,

I`m hoping to drop into your store this wednesday (2nd of april). Would it please be possible to demo the 2 projectors, the pioneer amp, a recommended blu-ray player and if at all possible the Dali speakers or monitor audio speakers (I know in-wall speakers may be difficult to demo)? I`ll bring some of my own blu-rays with me:-)

My main focus would be on the projectors. I can call the store tomorrow to confirm what time would suit on wednesday to demo the equipment.

Thanks in advance,
    Super,

thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Projectors, no problem - the in wall speakers are a problem as we cannot demo these without cutting our demo room to ribbons, they are voiced simarily to the BX series so we are happy to pop these on demo for you no problem :( - and more bad news is that we are just out of stock of the Pioneer SCLX57, but we do have them in our main warehouse - we can demo some of the SR6008/7008 Marantz AVR's for you or the Onkyo TXNR828 or the Pioneer SC1223 ( which we are clearing at a bargain £399.95) or best of all we could tempt you with a Denon AVR4520 at just £1199.95 :) :) :D 

http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/product/pages/product-detail.aspx?catid=hometheatre&subid=avreceivers&productid=avr4520

Whatever else we will look after you and take you through a few bits, bring some software with you and make sure teh guys make you a coffee..

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply, no worries on the AV receiver, I will trust the reviews of the Pioneer SCLX57 and order from your warehouse when i`m pulling the trigger on this order. It`s the projectors i`m really interested in seeing in action as this will be the first projector i`ve ever bought.

I`ll give the store a call now to arrange a demo..

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply, no worries on the AV receiver, I will trust the reviews of the Pioneer SCLX57 and order from your warehouse when i`m pulling the trigger on this order. It`s the projectors i`m really interested in seeing in action as this will be the first projector i`ve ever bought.

I`ll give the store a call now to arrange a demo..
    Thanks for coming to the store today! It was good to put a face to the name :)

As soon as the bits arrive in with us I'll be straight in touch and we can get them shipped straight to you.

Cheers Guys - eagerly awaiting my delivery:-)

LOVING the Sonos play:1!!

Do you have a cheap amplifier (stereo or AV) that outputs audio to 2 zones and can be controlled by an IOS or android App?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.