Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crossfit Box in an open Gym?

• 20-02-2014 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum, would anyone have experience of a Crossfit Box operating in an open gym. We are thinking of putting a crossfit rig on the main gym floor (about 4000 sq ft), and using half for running crossfit classes and leaving the other half as is, for free weights, cardio equipment etc.
    Does anyone know if this is an option from a privacy, practical point of view when running classes or would it have to be totally segregated in a private studio?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

Lifestyle Studio in Cork have done this. I'm not sure if they are an official crossfit affiliate though.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Stillweak

Skull wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum, would anyone have experience of a Crossfit Box operating in an open gym. We are thinking of putting a crossfit rig on the main gym floor (about 4000 sq ft), and using half for running crossfit classes and leaving the other half as is, for free weights, cardio equipment etc.
    Does anyone know if this is an option from a privacy, practical point of view when running classes or would it have to be totally segregated in a private studio?
    Thanks

Its a great idea. I dont understand why it is not done in a lot more gyms.
    I think it depends on how your gym is set up. It wont be great to have the crossfitters legging it around the hurriedly bumping into the normal gym users.
    Can they get outside for running wods? (maybe through a side door)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Skull

They can, there's a good bit of room for running around outside too, high ceilings for ropes, rings etc. I don't think anybody will be on top if each other

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Stillweak

Would it be a separate membership from the normal gym?
    If not, and If you are to do crossfit as it is everywhere else, you would have to coach the lifts. So the crossfitters of your gym are getting coaching but the others are not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It sounds more like standard cardio equipment in the corner of a crossfit gym, rather than the other way around

• Advertisement
Advertisement