Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diving in Indonesia

Options
  • 20-02-2014 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Can anyone tell me where are the best spots to dive in Indonesia? I will be there for a month, so far i'm planning a day or 2 at the gilis and a day or 2 in komodo! Has anyone dived sulawesi? Is it worth the extra mileage?

steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

chops27 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where are the best spots to dive in Indonesia? I will be there for a month, so far i'm planning a day or 2 at the gilis and a day or 2 in komodo! Has anyone dived sulawesi? Is it worth the extra mileage?

steve

Dived Raja Ampat in 2012 - bit of a trek getting there (5 flights from Ireland) - fantastic location in terms of isolation, diving was good, albeit there were very strong currents which restricted some of the dive sites on a couple of days.

Also dived Manado & Bunnaken National Park - the wall diving there was spectacular.
    http://www.tasikria.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 47 chops27

Thanks for the Reply!
    I have been looking at Raja ampat, but the internal flights to there seem quite expensive. So I am leaning towards Bunaken! Thanks for the link!
    Do you know anything or have you heard anything about the Togean islands?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

chops27 wrote: »
    Thanks for the Reply!
    I have been looking at Raja ampat, but the internal flights to there seem quite expensive. So I am leaning towards Bunaken! Thanks for the link!
    Do you know anything or have you heard anything about the Togean islands?
    No cant say I ever heard of it. Have dived elsewhere in Asia but those were the only places in Indonesia

• Registered Users Posts: 1 caradonnaadventures

Diving in Indonesia is a perfect way to explore the underwater world of this tropical country. You will have the opportunity to see many different types of marine life, including dolphins, giant clams, and turtles. You can also dive in areas where coral reefs are found or go diving on wrecks.

Advertisement