Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre School Creche our 3 year old

Options
  • 20-02-2014 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Hi im just looking for information advice Our 3 year old is in pre school 9 Hrs per week Mon Wed Fri 9-12 . He was born in July 2010 unfortunatly doesn't qualify for the (ECCE scheme) Until this Sept. So we have to pay €45 a week .

My issue is this All the kids that are on the ECCE scheme were off last week But Creche Owner still wanted us to send our child in even doh he was the only 1 in his class Monday. So we kept him out Wed & Fri but she still wants €30 for 2 days he wasn't in :( Is this Normal Practice ?

Any advice kindly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

If your child is not on the ecce scheme then you're a private client. The creche was open and ready to facilitate you but you decided not to send them. When you joined did they not tell you that you pay whether your child is in or not?

The ecce scheme has holidays along the same lines as schools. But if your child is not on the scheme they don't get these holiday's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Fair enough we are paying private but should our child not be entitled to same holidays as other kids on ecce scheme? Considering the 14 other children were off our our little man be in classroom on his own ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My son is in a montessori in Dublin 7 and we pay if there is classes and he's not there. We didn't qualify for the ECCE (he's 3)
    On bank holidays I only pay 4 days as they are closed.'

Its 65 for 5 days (15 hours)
    They do close for mid term and christmas etc and there's no charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Fair enough we are paying private but should our child not be entitled to same holidays as other kids on ecce scheme? Considering the 14 other children were off our our little man be in classroom on his own ?

No. He's only entitled to the benefits of the ecce scheme when hes on the scheme, which he's not.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It would be "normal" for all the kids in the class to have the same days on and off whether they are ecce or not. You would also usually pay the same amount every month no matter how many school days are in the month,so I would see it as a bonus that they wanted to take him during the time off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement