Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parents and their children at Glor

• 20-02-2014 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

The sister and the husband went to the Tom Crean show last night in Glor.
    She said that right in the front row were some children, and they were playing with their mobile phones. Apparently the absence of light figures in the show, and the actor had to incorporate into his routine a line about seeing candles, i.e. the glowing mobliles, and ask that they be extniguished. This happened, but soon again thye mobiles were all aglow.
    Apart from the wisdom of bringing kids to a show such as this, is it not basic good parenting that that one prohibits ones kids from using their devices during the show, not to mention showing respect to the performer and to the rest of the audience?
    I guess I'm question the parenting skills of those parents, who think that the little darlings are to be indulged.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I was at that show last night as well and was thinking the same thing. Nothing we can do about it though, they're not my kids!

I thought it was good of the performer though, using "candle" as the mobile phone, was very well done.

The show was recommended to me by a friend. I have to say I did enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,470 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Glowing mobile phone screens at any performance is highly irritating and it definitely diminishes my enjoyment of a show,

I saw Sigur Ros play in Dublin a few months ago and the amount of people who spent the whole show 'filming' the stage on their mobile phone was depressing.

The atmosphere is ruined by these gob****es.

Artists work very hard to create a mood and some people seem completely obliviious to this, and frankly, if that's their attitude, they should just stay at home and quit ruining it for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

I don't blame the poor kids - they can never do right by adults - but I do blame parents & I seem to notice it more & more where parents do not have, or attempt to have control of their children, so they know no different. I recently had cause to complain at a hotel where kids were running riot - I was upset that I even had to complain - why did the hotel staff not get a grip of the situation & deal with it instead of waiting for a customer to complain? It's always worse at weekends & school holidays!

Advertisement