Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEAF BAG

• 20-02-2014 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭

Hi.

I wonder if anyone could tell me where I could find bags that allow air to pass through them to dry the leaves collected in them ?

I saw them somewhere a few years ago but cannot find them now !! Tried garden centres, Woodies and so on. I am in Dun Laoghaire.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Try Mr Middleton on Mary street. Alternatively a black refuse bag works just as well. Dampen the leaves, tie it up and then puncture it a fair few times with a screw driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

UrbanFox wrote: »
    Hi.

I wonder if anyone could tell me where I could find bags that allow air to pass through them to dry the leaves collected in them ?

I saw them somewhere a few years ago but cannot find them now !! Tried garden centres, Woodies and so on. I am in Dun Laoghaire.

Thanks.

I assume you wish to make leafmould? If so, all you need do is to collect leaves and store in a black sack, to which you add a little water and puncture small holes in the sides. Store away and leave as the rest is a natural composting process which depending on leaves will take 3-6 months to complete.

To accelerate the process, first cut/shred the leaves or run over with lawnmower. You can also add an accelerant, but not really necessary. Good quality leafmould is excellent.

Advertisement