Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Promotion of the games

• 20-02-2014 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

I'd like to make a small observation / hopefully not a big rant.

I think the promotion of GAA games is extremely lacking.
    I've just spend 20mins trying to find out who won the Kehoe cup, and even though the final was almost two weeks ago I can't find the answer. I gather from a post in the Kildare supports thread on 9 Feb "well done to the hurlers" that Kildare won.

The results arent on the Leinster GAA website.
    The teams playing isnt on the bord na mona website.
    And the COMPETITION isnt on the GAA website!

I have difficulty finding my own county and club fixtures sometimes. Its only if you are pro actively looking for this infor that you can find it.

I would say the reason attendance at non-championship games isnt so much lack of interest, as it is lack of promotion.

On a related note, I wanted to watch a clip from a game two weeks ago on Joe.ie to find out that the GAA had demanded the clip be taken down because it infringed their copyright. Are they insane?! Where is the market in 30 second clips from old games? There is no lost revenue here (like there would be from illegal streaming of live games). This clip would simply have given the GAA free publicity. Hey guys, look at this amazing display in a league game. I am saddened the GAA cant see the value in promoting the games more, and even take short sighted actions to limit the promotion of the games by others.

Comments

Advertisement