Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roof tile off in the wind

• 20-02-2014 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi all, one roof tile fell down in the recent winds. Is this serious and should it get fixed immediately? If so, any recommendations for a roofer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

You wouldn't want to leave it too long. The felt beneath it should keep the rainwater out in the short term but further wind may get under the roof and possibly lift off more tiles.
    If you have a spare tile somewhere its not a difficult fix, getting safe access is the worst part.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mail4liam

Always look after the roof Gutters & Fascia & sofffit of your home, this is where unseen damage can happen & can create bigger problems in time to come!
    Spotted these guys while roaming FB some time ago!https://www.facebook.com/windowc1?fref=ts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Is it a 2 story house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

yep 2 story house. the piece of tile material nearly hit my wife. I had a man up to look at the roof but he couldnt see any missing tiles. And I cant see any on the adjacent rooves.

The piece of tile type material was big but not as big as a whole tile I dont think.

Perhaps someone who doesnt like us threw it at my wife from somewhere.lol.

Advertisement