Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Downstairs rads not heating

• 20-02-2014 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me out with a problem i am having with our heating.

Basically we have a three storey house with rads on 2 zones. Zone 1 is kitchen and hallway and zone 2 is first and second floors. Both zones are controlled by thermostats and control valves. Boiler is a Potterton and is in the kitchen

The problem is that I cannot get the kitchen and hallway rads to heat if the rads on the top floor are on. I have tried turning all the rads off and starting with the kitchen turning it on and letting it heat up before moving on to the hall and the next etc. and they will all heat up but the next time the heating comes on the rads in the kitchen and hall stay cold.

I have also removed the control valves to ensure the valves are fully open.

We haven't used the rads in the kitchen or hall for a couple of years as the kitchen overheats with the oven on and cooking etc but the wife now feels the hall is to cold and wants at least that one on.

Really hope someone has some ideas.

THanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

You need a plumber to balance the system and fit a stronger pump
    ( if necessary )

Advertisement