Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Rejection Email

Options
  • 20-02-2014 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Howdy Doody......

I must share this experience......

A couple of years ago I went for an interview with a crowd below in Cork. I won't say the company but they are involved in Outsourcing.

I went for the interview anyway and was astounded with the number of foreigners that were being interviewed. I'm talking 99% foreigners. The 1% being moi. And it was an English speaking job......

Anyway went home after doing this interview with a "GOWL" and waited..... waited.... waited..... until finally I emailed her 2 months later to ask was I successful. It was only then I got an email saying "I was unsuccessful".

My reply was the following. (this has not been altered in any way and was sent to the person who interviewed me along with another couple of their email addresses)

Hi Margaret.

Thank you for your email.

I’m not pleased. Not pleased one bit. The fact that I emailed you suggests you forgot to email me back on the position which I went for about 8 weeks ago. My email merely reminded you to email me. Did I interrupt your game of Solitaire? If this is so I am truly sorry and hopefully you can get back to your game soon.......

Now: I must ask : How was I unsuccessful for the job? Was it my qualifications? Did I not know how to answer the phone? Did I not know how to dial a phone? Yes this can be tricky especially if I had fat fingers!

Did I not know how to communicate to fellow internet users?

Was it my big bald shiny head that put you off? Were you blinded in some way by my shiny cranium? Were you angry that I didn't come equipped with a pair of sunglasses for you so you could have shielded yourself by the shining light?

Were my teeth not white enough?

By the way: You know as much about the internet as my dick knows about snipe shooting: And that's **** ALL....

I see when I was above there that your company has a fine office. No wonder it did when you are paying your employees **** all.

FYI : I have since got a new job where I'm on DOUBLE the wages you informed me at the interview. I personally thought the wages you told me that day were scandalous. Is that why, when I was there, it was nothing but foreign workers getting interviewed?

I am also going to refer this to the revenue commissioners as I am not convinced you are picking the right / other candidates over a former college graduate and computer genius. Award winning computer Genius….

Thanks anyway for getting back to me and I wish you well in your continued game of Solitaire.

Showers of ****.......

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Kind Regards[/FONT]
    pygmy shrew

Harsh email I know but I felt great after sending it.

Anybody else on here that have expressed their inner rage through the medium of electronic mail?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

I'd say they did well not hiring you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Not sure why you waited almost 2 years to share it. Suggests it is a figment of someone's imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

So did you get the job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

If that's the kind of attitude you have, they had a lucky escape.

What's with the mention of 'foreigners' so much? In case you hadn't noticed, there are lots of foreign people in Ireland who are allowed to work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Build a bridge...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭les succulent ducks

Not sure why you waited almost 2 years to share it. Suggests it is a figment of someone's imagination.

I only found it in my email last week. Totally forgot about it. HA HA

Devia : No I didn't get the job. I did however have a splendid feed of KFC that day......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

just shows that their recruitment policy works. Imagine having someone liable to put crap like that in writing working for you.

I take it from your post that you feel like you are far superior to most other mortals and as such when an interviewer didn't buy in to your alter ego you got insulted and responded in they only manner you could ... keyboard warrior and low level insults.

You say you feel great after sending it, however, on reflection you should feel embarrassed by it

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Troll I'd say.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

a suitable reply to your email would read...........

Hi ducky,

thanks for taking the time to put your thoughts into a message to me.

In fact it was the references you supplied that led to your rejection.
    Previous employers noted your tendency to fire off messages along the lines of the above

We respect our customers too much, to expose them to this type of childish and offensive communication

Well done on getting twice the Salary, if you only last 1/2 the time there you will be even.

Anyway, perhaps you should in fact go back to your own village, as an idiot such as you is such an asset.

No Regrets

Margaret

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I cringed the entire time while reading your email... CRINGED!

I don't know what you were trying to prove because to me - you look like a complete wally! And if I was Margaret I would have sent that email straight to trash...

You wont be getting any congratulations from me anyway....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

What's a "GOWL" ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yeah its annoying and unprofessional when they don't respond and you have to chase them but unfortunately that's the way a lot of companies operate these days. As to your reply it was an extremely childish and foolish thing to do! So many different ways that could come back to bit you in the ass. One of many scenarios is that you have a niche skill in a close knit industry and they decide to share your email around so as to effectively 'black book' you. Another could be that the recruiter who read the email moves to a different company which you apply to in future and recognises you etc etc etc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

You're current employer must be absolutely delighted to have you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Speaking as someone who interviews people occasionally I would briefly have remembered you as 'that weird one' from the interviewing process and felt a bit guilty for not replying to you following on from interview to say "NOPE!!!". Then I would have printed out copies of your email for my colleagues and we all would have laughed heartily at you. "I'm an award winning computer genius & I'm going to refer you to the revenue commissioners for that" would have been a catchphrase in our office for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

fatherteddreamsreality2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

You must have some serious deficiencies in the pants area, if you feel the need to 1) send a reply like that and 2) post that on an internet forum. Your employer is lucky to have you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    You must have some serious deficiencies in the pants area, if you feel the need to 1) send a reply like that and 2) post that on an internet forum. Your employer is lucky to have you!

Unless you are wearing your pants on your head this is unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

You're a divil for teh ol' full colon aren't ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Speaking as someone who interviews people occasionally I would briefly have remembered you as 'that weird one' from the interviewing process and felt a bit guilty for not replying to you following on from interview to say "NOPE!!!". Then I would have printed out copies of your email for my colleagues and we all would have laughed heartily at you. "I'm an award winning computer genius & I'm going to refer you to the revenue commissioners for that" would have been a catchphrase in our office for weeks.

not sure who's 'schmadder', you or the op!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Looks like their vetting criteria were working well anyway. Go HR, you can obviously see them coming a mile away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Nelly1234

God how embarrassing!! You should feel ashamed of yourself! Why would you bother putting in the effort to write that garbage to them and then put it on this for everyone to see?

It amazes me how stupid/ignorant people can be..... At any age!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Jaysus.

That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Why would you report them to Revenue for not hiring you? Just..... bizarre.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I guess the OP put in the "funny email" tag himself at the bottom?

Jasus! Calm down lads........

no one was killed here........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

Jasus! Calm down lads........

no one was killed here........
    I am also going to refer this to the revenue commissioners as I am not convinced you are picking the right / other candidates over a former college graduate and computer genius. Award winning computer Genius…

What award did you win?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

And as asked above, why a complaint to revenue because you were not hired? That one really is intriguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

SeaFields wrote: »
    And as asked above, why a complaint to revenue because you were not hired? That one really is intriguing.

I think you have to be a ''Computer Genius'' to understand that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

... This thread beats all....

OP - you're right, no one died but do you realise everyone who read your letter to Margaret here (and no doubt all of Margaret's friends and colleagues whom she most likely forwarded this onto) is laughing at you and possibly pitying you your life/career damaging sense of self delusion?

PS - your attitude to "foreigners" is appalling. Did any of your family ever emigrate in the past or present? Would it be acceptable for them to be treated by host citizens of other countries the same way you view immigrants to Ireland?

Learn to respect others and you might even acquire some self respect in the process!

• Advertisement

Woofstuff wrote: »
    What award did you win?

My award?

Annual Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in The Field of Excellence!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement