Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working Part-time Question

Options
  • 20-02-2014 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, Just have a quick question.
    I am currently recieving part of the dole. On the X AND O sheet. I work 4 hour shifts 4 days a week. Am i meant to mark off i worked 4 days? if í mark off i worked 4 days i recieve no dole. So i am then working for an extra 30 euro a week? Sometimes i mark off i worked 2 days as that would be equivelant to 2 full working days? is this okay to do or not?
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Not being funny but probably best to check with your local office really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

You mark the days you work, whether it's an hour long shift or a 10 hour shift. I enquired about this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,900 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sometimes i mark off i worked 2 days as that would be equivelant to 2 full working days? is this okay to do or not?
    :)

Absolutely not, what you are doing would technically be called benefit fraud.

I agree that the law sucks, and it's crazy that it's based on days rather than hours or payments. (It sucks even more for someone who does overnight shifts - imagine having to tick a day off just 'cos you worked from 12-1am!)

But that's what it is, AFAIK.

That said .. moving to State Benefits, in case they have any suggestions for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

As Mrs OBumble said, you need to mark the days you work. Anything else is considered fraud. SW Fraud cannot be discussed in any shape or form on this forum, so this thread will now be closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement