Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The last eFibre thread.

Options
  • 20-02-2014 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Just like many of you in the past i have been questioning the legitimacy of Eircom's efibre. 
    And just over a week ago the eFibre map was updated to include my area in the green coverage zone.
    Over the moon i tried to contact an Eircom rep who gave me the most pathetic answer ever. 

"There is a message located the map advising the following: 

Please note: This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.
    To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker.

This message in place as not all areas located in the shaded green area will be able to avail of efibre as works to cabinets serving a distance of up to 2000 metres are set to continue over the next 18 months and some cabinet will not be upgraded at all."

Because, you know.. i cant read. -.-

eFibre is a sham and a joke, it doesn't exist unless your smack bam in the middle of town. 

2000 meters from cabinet is nothing, less then 1.3miles. Cop on Eircom and stop stringing us low quality information. 

http://tinypic.com/r/j991mp/8

That is an image of Trim and the cabinet locations and the 2000 meter limit. The surrounding green color is the "newly" enabled efibre zone.

What a load of crap. There is not another cabinet until far far away in the top right of that pic, and even then its still a few miles after that. 

Iv given up on this dream of decent broadband, Eircom is a joke. And the boards rep know as much about it as you and me.

So in future, when you see an efibre add on the TV or Newspaper just remember its all lies.. there not even square!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Akarinn wrote: »
    Just like many of you in the past i have been questioning the legitimacy of Eircom's efibre.
    And just over a week ago the eFibre map was updated to include my area in the green coverage zone.
    Over the moon i tried to contact an Eircom rep who gave me the most pathetic answer ever.

"There is a message located the map advising the following:

Please note: This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.
    To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker.

This message in place as not all areas located in the shaded green area will be able to avail of efibre as works to cabinets serving a distance of up to 2000 metres are set to continue over the next 18 months and some cabinet will not be upgraded at all."

Because, you know.. i cant read. -.-

eFibre is a sham and a joke, it doesn't exist unless your smack bam in the middle of town.

2000 meters from cabinet is nothing, less then 1.3miles. Cop on Eircom and stop stringing us low quality information.

view.php?pic=j991mp&s=8#.UwXzt_l_vvY

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=j991mp&s=8#.UwXzt_l_vvY

That is an image of Trim and the cabinet locations and the 2000 meter limit. The surrounding green color is the "newly" enabled efibre zone.

What a load of crap. There is not another cabinet until far far away in the top right of that pic, and even then its still a few miles after that.

Iv given up on this dream of decent broadband, Eircom is a joke. And the boards rep know as much about it as you and me. Not reps at all, and shouldn't really hold any position in Eircom.

So in future, when you see an efibre add on the TV or Newspaper just remember its all lies.. there not even square!

Hi Akarinn

You have missed a part of my PM where I had asked the following:

"If you reply with your specific address I will look in to availability and plans for you"

The shaded Green area does not intend to suggest that every area and line in this shaded area can get efibre broadband and I was clarifying that the shaded green area on the map is for illustrative purposes and because of this it's important to check each address.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Well i have read through a few of the threads in this sections and in some cases it has taken you over a month to get back to people about this availability?

I also have a friend that lives in the first house on my road just outside trim, and he has stated that he cant get eFirbre either. So if he cant get it, i cant see why you would think we need to check each address, and as youv stated there is a 2000 meter limit. What makes you think the top of that pic can get efibre even tho is illustrates that they can? Why bother updating the map at all? 

The line has had a fault for over 4 years now, can only get 1mb connection, now just think how crap that is when it is high peak time. If we cant get eFibre then at least then line should be fixed to hold a connection of 10mb's or better no? I even though at one point the minimum speed was 3mb's? 

Hi Akarinn

The link you have included above is not bringing me to the efibre map.

I have asked you for your address to check plans for the cabinet serving your address for availability or possible plans specifically to you.

Al

Odd alright as i could get to it, but here is an IMAGE on the eircom coverage map,( not the eircom url itself) 

Try that out for size. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Akarinn wrote: »
    Odd alright as i could get to it, but here is an IMAGE on the eircom coverage map,( not the eircom url itself) 

Try that out for size. 
    Hi Arkarinn
    It is possible that our internal servers have blocked this site as neither I not Al can access that link. The reason we ask for a specific tel number is that there is the possibility that we may be able to get specific information on that address. Otherwise we have access only to the roll out information available to our customers, though we may be able to interpret this information from a different perspective.
    Tony

• Advertisement

j991mp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21 boomerek

Hi

Good few days ago I've pm all eircom representatives with my address and phone number trying to find out if i can get it or not - no reply yet. Could any of you check your inbox please?

boomerek wrote: »
    Hi

Good few days ago I've pm all eircom representatives with my address and phone number trying to find out if i can get it or not - no reply yet. Could any of you check your inbox please?

Hi boomerek

Apologies for the delay, I've checked this and I'm sorry to say that there are no launch date or work completion date yet scheduled or set for Castle street. The good news is that efibre operations have confirmed that is scheduled to be done within the next 6 to 9 months however at this moment in time there is no further information on this.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for more information however I do recommend getting back to me in May and hopefully I will have better news for you then.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MikeJK

Hi Akarinn

"If you reply with your specific address I will look in to availability and plans for you"

The shaded Green area does not intend to suggest that every area and line in this shaded area can get efibre broadband and I was clarifying that the shaded green area on the map is for illustrative purposes and because of this it's important to check each address.

Al

Wait, I'm confused what does the shaded green area intend to suggest if not that you can get efibre broadband in that area? Why have a massive green area when only two or three exchanges within that area are efibre enabled? Why have a map at all if the information on the map is incorrect?

It seems to me that it intends to suggest exactly that in an attempt to make the efibre rollout seem that it's both more complete and that it covers a larger area than it actually does. 

MikeJK wrote: »
    Hi Akarinn

Al

Wait, I'm confused what does the shaded green area intend to suggest if not that you can get efibre broadband in that area? Why have a massive green area when only two or three exchanges within that area are efibre enabled? Why have a map at all if the information on the map is incorrect?

It seems to me that it intends to suggest exactly that in an attempt to make the efibre rollout seem that it's both more complete and that it covers a larger area than it actually does.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi MikeJK

I can see why you would feel that way however beside the map there is a message stating the following:[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]"Please note:[/font][font=Times New Roman","serif] This map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]To see if your home is enabled please choose your bundle and enter your phone number or address into our line checker"[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Works are set to continue over the next 12 months to maximise efibre availability within the shaded green areas. Hope this clarifies things for you Mike.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

• Advertisement

Hi

Hi boomerek

Apologies for the delay, I've checked this and I'm sorry to say that there are no launch date or work completion date yet scheduled or set for Castle street. The good news is that efibre operations have confirmed that is scheduled to be done within the next 6 to 9 months however at this moment in time there is no further information on this.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for more information however I do recommend getting back to me in May and hopefully I will have better news for you then.

Thanks

Al
    Hi

May I ask then where is it in Trim? Whole Trim area is green on your map. Yes, we do know already it doesn't mean anything at all but those red circles shows reach of enabled cabinets, right? Ok, so I live in the place where 3 of those red circles overlaps and one of the cabinets is just outside of my apartment building and I still can't get it? Who can get it then? 
    I don't know, maybe we got it all wrong and it some kind of early easter egg hunt or something? 

It all wouldn't matter as much if I could get internet I actually pay for. I had to cancel netflix subscription because of congestions and I can't even stream music in the evenings.

Any updates regarding fibre here in Trim?

Any updates regarding fibre here in Trim?
    Hi boomerek

efibre is now available to you (based on the phone number you had previously PM'd me)

To order please get in touch with sales via WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow or sales on free phone 1800601701

Thanks

Al

Advertisement