Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerwasher Problem -Lavor (Superwash 160)

Options
  • 20-02-2014 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a problem with my Powerwasher.
    Its a -Lavor (Superwash 160) purchased in Lidl.

The pressure is coming and going, and it stays powered on for about 5 minutes and then shuts down for another 5 minutes and starts up again.

Can anyone give me some advice as to how to fix this.
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

It has all the symptoms of thermal overload in the windings of the motor going open circuit due to excessive current draw, usually means motor on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

It has all the symptoms of thermal overload in the windings of the motor going open circuit due to excessive current draw, usually means motor on the way out.

Hi
    Its hard to believe the motor could be on the way out at this stage.
    I have the Powerwasher about five/six years ok, but its only been used about
    twice or three times each year if at all that much,
    I wonder if there's any other issue maybe ?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Conology wrote: »

I wonder if there's any other issue maybe ?
    Thanks

Is your mains pressure sufficient to supply the washer?

WikiHow wrote: »
    Is your mains pressure sufficient to supply the washer?

I'd say the mains pressure is good,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I'd say the mains pressure is good,

If the pressure/flow rate was not sufficient it would be making the pump work harder which in turn making the motor work harder which is why it would be displaying symptoms of thermal overload as previously mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Points to note:

1) There is a thermal overload in this motor:
    http://www.jet-wash-direct.co.uk/pressurewashers/sw_motorpump.pdf

2) Have a look at page 9 of the manual:
    Fault: The motor stops suddenly.

Repair: The appliance has been automatically stopped by the overload cutout system.

Link:
    http://www.jet-wash-direct.co.uk/pressurewashers/sw_manual.pdf

WikiHow wrote: »
    If the pressure/flow rate was not sufficient it would be making the pump work harder which in turn making the motor work harder which is why it would be displaying symptoms of thermal overload as previously mentioned.

The washer worked ok yesterday.
    I think the water connector at the lower front was leaking out too much.
    I spotted one in town today and noticed it had a washing machine hose connected to it and just wondered if there's a special connector/adaptor which I should get to prevent leakage in future.
    Any suggestions pse ?

Thank you

get a w/m fill hose and cut off the nut and elbow and re fit to your existing hose with a good quality jubilee clip, its the same size fitting.

get a w/m fill hose and cut off the nut and elbow and re fit to your existing hose with a good quality jubilee clip, its the same size fitting.

Hi
    Thanks for your reply - can you advise me - what is a W/M fill hose?
    Thank you

W /M=washing machine, btw keep a watch on the machine as the drop in pressure is far less likely to make it cut out as against an overheating motor, look at the handbook and see what length of time they advise for max. running time before a rest period

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 beachball

Hi
    I have a problem with my Powerwasher.
    Its a -Lavor (Superwash 160) purchased in Lidl.

The pressure is coming and going, and it stays powered on for about 5 minutes and then shuts down for another 5 minutes and starts up again.

Can anyone give me some advice as to how to fix this.
    Thank you

We are having the exact same problem with ours and ours is the exact same make, Today I emailed the sales department who made these and this was his reply "It sounds like the machine is cutting out on the thermal overload. If you are using an extension cable try direct from the plug socket. Check your lance nozzle is not partially blocked"

The extension lead is fine cos I use it for lawnmower and strimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

Possibly thermal trip out due high current caused by low voltage (motor will draw a larger current at reduced voltage)

1. Is mains voltage ok?

2. Are you possibly using a coiled up extension cable (the cable coiled up in use would result in a lower voltage for this application resulting maybe in motor drawing above the rated current).

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

I’ll probably get in trouble for this ! , long shot. Wondering did anyone get to the bottom of this issue. I have the same problem. As an aside I notice Lidl are selling a power washer starting tomorrow . Inexpensive but the spec is quite a bit off the lavor 160 . I’d love to sort out my lavor. It’s great when it works !

Advertisement