Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Dump?

Options
  • 20-02-2014 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

Where is the Galway dump for general non-recyclable waste?
    Is it pay-by-weight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There isn't one in the city.

What do you need to get rid of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

There isn't one in the city.

What do you need to get rid of?

I don't mind driving outside the city. Got a lot of different rubbish - old building materials (including chemical waste), old broken buggy, old broken bike

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Birroc wrote: »
    I don't mind driving outside the city. Got a lot of different rubbish - old building materials (including chemical waste), old broken buggy, old broken bike

For recyclable materials the city council yard at Liosban Industrial Estate is the job, check the website as its only open a couple of hours a day. They take paint, wood, electrical goods IIRC. For other non-recyclable waste the Barna Waste yard on the Headford Road out the Curragh Line is the place to go, they weigh the vehicle before and after and you pay by weight. They won't accept chemical waste, I think the city council have a periodic collection for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Zzippy wrote: »
    They won't accept chemical waste, I think the city council have a periodic collection for that.

yeah, check with the city council, they've a truck that accepts hazardous domestic waste... http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/WasteManagement/HazardousorNonDomesticWaste/

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

If you don't mind going outside the city, Galway County Council have a recycling centre in Tuam operated by Barna Waste. They used to take all sorts of stuff, including paint. There is much less information about it on Council website than there used to be but they give contact details here: http://www.galway.ie/en/Services/Environment/WasteManagement/RECYCLINGCENTRES/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

The one out the Curragh Line is that Barna Waste? They take all sorts of stuff non-recycling included. Minimum load / charge is €6 a.f.a.I.k. A lot seem to be very restrictive anymore and refuse stuff but these take non-recycling too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

City Bin have one out next to the Maldron Hotel out on the dual carriageways.

http://www.citybin.com/cms/index.php?page=drop-off-depot

Items which can not be accepted include:
    Batteries
    Gas Cylinders
    Microwaves
    Household Batteries
    Fluorescent Tubes
    IT Equipment
    Freezers or any CF Gas Container
    TVs

Fridges
    Asbestos
    Cookers
    Computer Monitors
    Washing Machines
    Contaminated Soils
    Dishwashers
    Paints, Thinners, Oil etc.

It isn't free. The GCC one mentioned above will take most of the above list for free.

Advertisement