Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foundation recommendations

• 20-02-2014 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hey girlies,
    Looking for a new foundation/powder.
    Was using rimmel foundation with mac powder, great coverage but fed up of same make up. Need something new.
    My skin is medium tone, not oily or dry.
    I do like a bit of coverage without looking caked in make up.
    Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Hey girlies,
    Was using rimmel foundation with mac powder, great coverage but fed up of same make up. Need something new.
    Any recommendations?

Foundation is such a personal thing, you will get a bunch of "this is what I use" responses to this, which are helpful for getting an idea of what is good quality but don't really give enough info to justify buying a one because what works for some won't necessarily work for others.

Since your skin is medium tone and you are looking for medium/light coverage the world is your oyster. Pretty much every brand is likely to have something that fits. Just go into a department store like Debhnams/BT/Some of the bigger Boots and ask at any stand you're interested in for them to colour match you and ask for a sample. They usually give enough for a few wears so it lets you try them all out properly before you commit to buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Hey girlies,
    Any recommendations?

Google eyeslipsface.co.uk and check out their flawless finish foundation in the shade Buff.

I have it here but its way too dark for me, ill send it to you if you like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Quoted from this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057139111
    Toast4532 wrote: »
    I use No.7 Stay Perfect and No.7 Instant Radiance and find them great and I have an oily t-zone, but the rest of my skin (cheeks, jawline) are dry and it doesn't cling to/show up dry patches.

Stay Perfect is definitely better, more coverage, more lasting power, can be built up for more coverage without that caked look etc. It gives medium coverage but I find by using a stippling brush I can use more foundation to get a fuller coverage but without looking like I've troweled it on.

http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Stay-Perfect-Liquid-Foundation_1273498/

For daytime I use the Instance Radiance, it gives much lighter cover and the more you use to get more coverage the more of a caked look you get. It really only evens out complexion (for me anyway) and doesn't cover dark circles, redness, blemishes etc but Stay Perfect does.

It doesn't last as well or as long as the stay perfect does, but its fine for day wear.

http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Instant-Radiance-Foundation_1273336/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Hi I've moved your query to its own thread so it won't get lost in the mega thread.try the search function too, this question gets asked a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I use the Maybelline mousse. I've slightly oily skin, and it stays on perfectly. I never have to reapply on nights out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

This was my response on the same thread Toast linked to.

For future, I'd recommend Lancome Teint Idole 24hrs. The coverage is light and lasting. The shade I had blended so perfectly with my skin that it didn't look like I had foundation on. They have a huge range of colours in cool warm and neutral tones.I'm going to get it for summer here because it gets so hot that I need something light.

I tried a ton of samples in the last few weeks and ended up buying Nars sheer glow and Chanel Mat Lumiere.My skin is normal but the Chanel Mat Lumiere is supposed to work really well on oily skin.I wanted different finishes that's why I picked the Matt and the glow.Dior Nude skin is really nice as well and if I hadn't tried the Lancome after it I would have picked it as my summer foundation. It's something I would try again though and would be happy to buy.
    Chanel Aqua Vitalumiere is another great foundation and if I didn't specifically want the matt finish I would have bought this.

I tried Makeup Forever HD, YSL touche eclat, Laura Mercier silk creme and didn't rate any of them too highly.None were bad as such but you could tell I had makeup on and I got a bit shiny after a few hours even though I don't have oily skin.

Another one that's raved about is Chantecaille just skin. It's a tinted moisturizer but it's got great coverage. I tried it because it had such amazing reviews. It feels lovely on and is easy to work with. It's supposed to give you a glow but to be honest, my face just looked shiny. It wasn't glowing at all. I went and put powder on after a while to tone it down but ended up have to use a lot which defeats the purpose of a tinted moisturizer.It's pricy but if it sits well on your skin it's meant to be worth it. Might be an option to try.Apologies for the length of the post, figured I'd give my opinion since I had just tried them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 reginaflange

Thanks for the reply :-)
    Im in the same boat, alot of foundations or moisturisers i've tried have that shiny glow after, almost like your face is still moist.
    I'd prefer a matte finish, but good coverage, only one ive been happy with is Mac Studio fix. But its more going out make up, want a lighy foundation with good coverage for daytime wear.
    Difficulties of being a woman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Have you tried mineral? Its good for day to night, as you can just layer it up until you get the coverage you want! And obv will be matte finish as it's powder. Try bare minerals, or fuschia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I use Make Up for Ever HD foundation as it has no SPF, so I don't look chalky and white in photos :)

Advertisement