Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't sign up new account, why not?

Options
  • 20-02-2014 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

Hello, I am writing this on behalf of my mother, who has given me her permission to contact you via Boards, as she has no Internet access.

She was a UPC customer but two weeks ago she sent in a letter of cancellation to UPC, which she was told would take 30 days to cancel on receipt of the letter.
    A man from UPC came yesterday to collect the UPC box, but he left her with the phone, which he said he didn't need.

Last Thursday 13th February, she called Eircom to sign up, on a tariff of €30 per month (for 6 months, then €36 thereafter), and she was told it would take 48 hours to switch from UPC to Eircom.

She waited and on Monday 17th February, she called Eircom to check she'd been switched, only to be told it would be another 48 hours.
    She called back again yesterday, Wednesday 19th February, and was told it would take 72 hours and that someone would call her that evening to take her Direct Debit/Credit Union details.
    Nobody called her.

I called Eircom this morning to find out why she hadn't been switched and they said "because she didn't provide her Direct Debit/Credit Union details." The guy said "I can switch her now and take her Credit Union details if she doesn't want to give her bank account."
    So my mother said she would do that.

The guy asked her to hold for a moment but when he came back on the line, he said he couldn't take her details as it "wasn't his department" and someone would call her tonight.

At this stage, Eircom, my mother feels there is something going on...that you don't want her as a customer.

Why is it so hard to be an Eircom customer?

The guy on the phone also knew my mother's name even though neither of us mentioned it, so you must have her details on file but there's something going on that nobody is telling her.

She relies on her phone and the stress is making her ill. She said to me today "I just have to accept Eircom don't want me as a customer and live with no phone."

I am begging you to please sort this out.

I can provide you with her name, address and phone number if you wish to private message me and you could also call her to prove she gave me her permission to contact you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi fussyonion

I'm genuinely very sorry to hear of the issues detailed in your post and I'm sorry for the inconvenience and disappointment your mother has experienced so far. Please PM me the details you have and I will do all that is necessary to have this resolved.

Many thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hi Alan, have you any update on this? I will be seeing my mother tomorrow afternoon and she will be wondering what the story is.
    Thanks

fussyonion wrote: »
    Hi Alan, have you any update on this? I will be seeing my mother tomorrow afternoon and she will be wondering what the story is.
    Thanks
    Hi fussyonion

The line should be working now, I had arranged a member of accounts & order provisions to arrange a resolution as soon as possible and they had got back to me last night informing me that the line is now working and ready to use, can you confirm that the line is ok today?

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hi Alan

I can confirm her line is now working and she is thrilled.
    She asked me to pass on her thanks to you for sorting this matter so professionally and speedily.

One more thing...can you just confirm to me that she is now signed up with Eircom on a tariff of €30 per month (for 6 months, then it's €36 thereafter).
    If you can confirm this, we're all sorted.

Thank you!!
    Thanks
    Hi fussyonion

The line should be working now, I had arranged a member of accounts & order provisions to arrange a resolution as soon as possible and they had got back to me last night informing me that the line is now working and ready to use, can you confirm that the line is ok today?

Thanks

Al

Hi Alan

I can confirm her line is now working and she is thrilled.
    She asked me to pass on her thanks to you for sorting this matter so professionally and speedily.

One more thing...can you just confirm to me that she is now signed up with Eircom on a tariff of €30 per month (for 6 months, then it's €36 thereafter).
    If you can confirm this, we're all sorted.

Thank you!!
    Thanks
    Hi fussyonion

Thanks

Al
    No worries fussyonion

I'm happy to help, I'll need to request information on the package and I'll get back to you as soon as I have more info.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement