Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to PTSB

Options
  • 20-02-2014 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi.

Thinking of switching current ac from boi to ptsb.

They say they will manage all dd etc and help in organising the transfer of my salary to the new ac.

My mortgage and credit card are with boi. Thinking of moving the credit card as well maybe.

Anyone here know if the process is smooth? I've always been with boi. Mortgage is being paid on time etc. Just nervous that by leaving them day to day I might loose credibility re the mortgage although I'm sure you're just a number anyway.

Also is the ptsb mobile and online banking good and reliable. I guess if anyone has experience of moving from boi to ptsb id be grateful for your thoughts etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

You're just a number. Doesn't matter who you bank with. Always seek out the best price/lowest fees for each financial product you need. I would not rely on a switching service though. Open the PTSB account and start moving the direct debits over yourself, making sure you have enough to cover them in both accounts in case something goes wrong. Once you're sure all DDs are being drawn from new account you can go ahead and close the old one. Don't forget to inform your employer of your new account of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Ditto what muphaph has said above about the switching process. Mine was an absolute disaster - do it yourself and that way you are 100% sure things are sorted. I've had a direct debit for a personal loan not switched over, even though it shows up on my list of direct debits on open24, and another two direct debits not taken from my account even though one of the debetors say they 'have' the money - haven't heard from the other, so not sure what the situation is there. The only ones that have worked smoothly are the ones I did myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Myself and the wife switched to ptsb two months ago. The switching process was a pain in the ring and was not at all smooth. Ended being in arrears with esb and upc in January and I had provided every scrap of necessary info. Their internet banking is far inferior to AIB. I wouldnt go through all the hassle of switching back again but god it was a pain in the hoop. Still having said that it makes financial sense given the crazy charges the other banks have for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BuzzG

Agree with Bassfish .. in the process of switching from BOI to PTSB. Don't believe all the bs about 'oh we'll take care of everything ... it's so smooth lah lah' Marketing hype ! All PSTB did was close the BOI account and switch the balance. Had to set-up all the 3 party transfers myself and the communication between them and BOI is crap because BOI changed how they deal with DD without telling the PSTB crew. BOI don't give them the details of all the DD now rather they contact the providers unless they are a non Irish provider like Sky and you have to do the leg work yourself. Gave PTSB everything requested and still doing most of the running myself. Sky DD failed already and Bord Gáis also .. right pain in the head. Still better than leaving 3 K sitting at BOI's disposal and paying them EUR 5 a quarter for the privilege of not having access to your money. But lets face it banks in general are a pain in the head to deal with, such is one of the facts of life. They are there to suit themselves certainly not their customers ... rant start must stop ... in short you have been warned in advance .. best of luck with it all the same :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ballfro

Agree with the above posters, switched about a month ago and I am still dealing with the mess with DDs. None were changed over and it's super frustrating and a hassle I don't need but at least I have no fees like I had with BOI!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ballfro

Agree with the above posters, switched about a month ago and I am still dealing with the mess with DDs. None were changed over and it's super frustrating and a hassle I don't need but at least I have no fees like I had with BOI!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I had thought my switch was v smooth (was one of the first to leave Danske) but the moving of DDs was far from perfect. I've had a number fail and only now seem to have them all in order (about 3 months since I switched).

So while the switch and close of the old account works, like many above have said go get the mandate forms done for all your DDs as soon as you have the new account number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

we switched from Aib to ptsb,

we switched everything ourselves by opening a new account and transferring everything over ourselves, and it went seamlessly, yes their internet banking doesn't look as fancy as AIB, but it is functional and we found some services that worked better on it,

their phone banking is quite good anytime i used it i wasn't waiting too long for a reply,

we are happy with money saved... :)

Advertisement