Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why am I being charged full price ?

Options
  • 20-02-2014 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

Hi Reps,

I recently signed up for an account with broadband and phone. It turns out that my line can only handle 1MB. Why am I still being charged the same price as somebody who gets a 70mb fibre connection. That does not seem fair.

The internet at a 1MB speed is not fit for purpose and I would struggle to call it Broadband. Here is a list of what I can not do :
    • Watch Netflix without interruption
    • Hold a skype call without lag - Video is an absolute no go.
    • Play games online. I am getting constant disconnections.
    • Use on demand on my sky plus box
    • Upload anything to youtube

There are a few more that I could ad to the list.

In cases like this I believe we should be offered a discount or let out of the contract early.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Tzardine wrote: »
    Hi Reps,

I recently signed up for an account with broadband and phone. It turns out that my line can only handle 1MB. Why am I still being charged the same price as somebody who gets a 70mb fibre connection. That does not seem fair.

The internet at a 1MB speed is not fit for purpose and I would struggle to call it Broadband. Here is a list of what I can not do :

[*]

In cases like this I believe we should be offered a discount or let out of the contract early.
    [*]
    Hi Tzardine

Sorry to hear of these issues,

If you would like to PM me your landline number I will look further in to this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Any update Alan ? PM sent a few days back.

Hi Reps,

[*]

[*]

Hi Tzardine

Due to your lines distance from the exchange the maximum speed your line can hold is up to 2MB.

I understand the efibre offers much faster speeds for the same price however there is no process in place or changes forecasted to make amendments to already agreed upon packages and subscriptions based on the speeds efibre can offer.

I understand your feelings however the contract cannot be terminated early based on the offerings of another package or service.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

[*]

Hi Tzardine

Due to your lines distance from the exchange the maximum speed your line can hold is up to 2MB.

I understand the efibre offers much faster speeds for the same price however there is no process in place or changes forecasted to make amendments to already agreed upon packages and subscriptions based on the speeds efibre can offer.

I understand your feelings however the contract cannot be terminated early based on the offerings of another package or service.

Thanks

Al

That's a very mean spirited way to operate in my opinion. Maybe legally he is now tied into an 18 month contract but any other way you look at it ye are in the wrong. If I was paying ye 70 euro a month for 'broadband' and I couldn't watch even a film on Netflix I'd be very annoyed indeed. Absolute rip off.

[*]

Hi Tzardine

Thanks

Al
    [*]

That's a very mean spirited way to operate in my opinion. Maybe legally he is now tied into an 18 month contract but any other way you look at it ye are in the wrong. If I was paying ye 70 euro a month for 'broadband' and I couldn't watch even a film on Netflix I'd be very annoyed indeed. Absolute rip off.
    [*]
    Its a bit unfair in my mind alright.

Alan could you check two things for me.

1. What are the plans for fibre in my area. Am I on the Monasterevin Exchange and is there a cabinet planned for anywhere closer to me.

2. What is the early termination fee if I close the account and can I have a discount given the circumstances.

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

[*]

Hi Tzardine

Thanks

Al

[*]

[*]

1. What are the plans for fibre in my area. Am I on the Monasterevin Exchange and is there a cabinet planned for anywhere closer to me.

2. What is the early termination fee if I close the account and can I have a discount given the circumstances.

Many thanks
    [*]
    Hi Tzardine

We have asked for info on this and will be back to you with info on exchange or nearest exchange as early as we can next week.

Tony

[*]

Hi Tzardine

Thanks

Al

[*]

[*]

Many thanks

[*]
    Hi Tzardine

We have asked for info on this and will be back to you with info on exchange or nearest exchange as early as we can next week.

Tony
    [*]
    Thanks Tony

Any update please ?

Bumping again. Any update please reps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

So if I'm reading this correctly Eircom have missold a product that is not fit for purpose and won't release you from a contract?
    What sort of way is this run a business?

• Advertisement

Could somebody please give me an update. 

It looks like I am being ignored.

Hi Tzardine

Apologies for the delays, I have checked the case file and see that efibre operations have got back to us.

They have confirmed the efibre is indeed coming to Monasterevin in May however have also confirmed that there are no plans to bring efibre to your area. The rollout of efibre will be phased by the continues upgrade of cabinets but unfortunately there are no plans for Oghill.

We have been advised that more plans for Monasterevin should be available towards the end of the year so do feel free to check back with me then.

I understand that others are being offered efibre for the same price however eircom do not consider this to be grounds to offer a discount on any early contract termination charges which are conditions of your current service.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Contact Comreg OP, definitely don't pay for this service and don't pay any termination fee. 

Eircom customer service is the worst in the country and I got no satisfaction till I rang Comreg. Then instantly all my issues got sorted because they caked themselves.

Hi Tzardine

Apologies for the delays, I have checked the case file and see that efibre operations have got back to us.

They have confirmed the efibre is indeed coming to Monasterevin in May however have also confirmed that there are no plans to bring efibre to your area. The rollout of efibre will be phased by the continues upgrade of cabinets but unfortunately there are no plans for Oghill.

We have been advised that more plans for Monasterevin should be available towards the end of the year so do feel free to check back with me then.

I understand that others are being offered efibre for the same price however eircom do not consider this to be grounds to offer a discount on any early contract termination charges which are conditions of your current service.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

That is disappointing. 

I am not happy that I am left with a product that is unsuitable for purpose. The speeds are in fact less than expected on the NBS.

I am left with no choice other than to contact Comreg so.

Cheers

Hi Tzardine

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

That is disappointing. 

I am not happy that I am left with a product that is unsuitable for purpose. The speeds are in fact less than expected on the NBS.

I am left with no choice other than to contact Comreg so.

Cheers
    Hi Tzardine

I'm sorry I could not offer better news.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement