Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software solution for a Hostel going online

• 20-02-2014 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Folks,

I was hoping someone could tell me what all the hostels around Ireland are using for their website/booking software ?

Is there a clear market leader in this area ?

Ideally the software (or cloud based offering) would host our website and then the back office part would allow for items like: room availability / booking engine plugins / check-in etc.

if there is more info needed please let me know , hostel has 16 rooms and is currently a paper operation regards bookings.

looking online at some of the packages and just wanted other opinions on the matter.

Also , many thanks to the regular posters here for their invaluable advice.

Cheers,
    D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

If you book a hostel online chance are VERY high you're going through HostelWorld (Web Reservations International). They have a back office system to manage your availability/bookings etc. I would suggest you contact them and see what their offering is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 vimal_andrew

hostelbench.com
    They are Irish based software. It is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

hostelbench.com
    They are Irish based software. It is very good.

Yeah, on their site they're supported by....*drumroll* hostelworld.com.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When I worked in hostels it was HostelWorld.com's BackPack application that was used. I actually nearly ended up working for HostelWorld at one point as well.

Their software ties into an online booking system, ties into your email and on terminals at reception.

It was really easy to use as well....and this was over 8 years ago that I used it, so it should have advanced somewhat, and the company has grown alot since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NewHostel

thanks everyone , that's exactly the kind of answer I was looking for, and with some industry knowledge for Ireland.

I have taken a look at hostelworlds software , but I wonder if this going to send me down an exclusive route with HostelWorld ?

Ideally I am looking for something like this HostelWorld software with the addition of having many plugins to other agents like eBookers and Hotels.com .

Or as a hostel should I stick with just HostelWorld and their software?

thanks you again for all advice,
    D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Think I could be wrong, but HostelsWorld and Hotels.com are linked. A lot of them are. For instance, search on eBookers and Hotels.com will turn up the same hotels with the same prices, and at times, I've had Hostels turn up on Hotels.com that I previously viewed on HostelsWorld. HostelsWorld will definitely give you the great exposure in my opinion, add to his you own website and I'd say you would be doing fairly well.

Advertisement