Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers at The Swan on Paddy's Weekend

Options
  • 20-02-2014 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Following on from Playboys suggestion that we should not pass up the opportunity to celebrate Paddy's Weekend at The Swan, I thought I'd create a separate thread about it to see if people are interested in going. This isn't a replacement forum meet up for the FeBREWary meet up, its in addition to it (you wait ages for a forum meetup and then two come along almost at once!).

I suggest we have the meet up on Saturday the 15th purely because I can't make the 14th!

As pre-drinks are a must, I can suggest some places in Vauxhall, Oval, Stockwell and Brixton that are close to The Swan (these are also places where its somewhat easy to get seats and hear the people beside you). Alternative suggestions are more than welcome.

So, any one up for it?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

ya id be up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Will be fun! Always a good idea to steep ourselves in Irish culture on our national day lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I literally couldn't think of a worse place to be.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

FTA69 wrote: »

Ah, be nice! I don't think it's my cup of tea either but if people are up for it, where's the harm? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I'd be up for this, if I'm about. Might even get into the spirit of things and dig out the old GAA shirt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I know The Swan is like Marmite, but if you or anyone else wants to join us for drinks beforehand, you're more than welcome.

It's harmless fun, not a regular haunt!

Reekwind wrote: »
    I'd be up for this, if I'm about. Might even get into the spirit of things and dig out the old GAA shirt

haha wicked idea! Defo must see if I can get my hands on one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I went to the Swan on Paddy's day two years ago and it was £20 in! Granted England v Ireland was on in Twickenham that day but it still wouldn't surprise me...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I went to the Swan on Paddy's day two years ago and it was £20 in! Granted England v Ireland was on in Twickenham that day but it still wouldn't surprise me...

Ouch! :eek:

Might be worth checking with them a few days in advance to make sure ye don't get any unexpected surprises.

• Advertisement

Luckily the plan isn't for paddy paddys day but the weekend before it!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

I'd be up for this and pints beforehand somewhere sounds good.

Sure some food too while we're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm out, my parents are escaping Dublin that weekend and coming to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Luckily the plan isn't for paddy paddys day but the weekend before it!

It's still the last weekend of the 6 Nations though, and if we win it, I'm sure the price will go up!

I couldn't make the official beers tonight. Anyway any thoughts on where we could kick things off if people are still up for it.

Ireland v France game is at 6 on Saturday too.

caesar wrote: »
    I couldn't make the official beers tonight. Anyway any thoughts on where we could kick things off if people are still up for it.

Ireland v France game is at 6 on Saturday too.

Was thinking somewhere in Balham would be good to watch the game and have a few beers before moving on to the Swan later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

the game is at 6 local time, so 5pm london time. i won't be able to make the swan. i'll be at said game. AHEM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

is this on?

HELLO :)

Mint Aero wrote: »
    is this on?

HELLO :)

No its off as far as im aware.

Interest seemed to die down in the end, some other time maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Something tells me that The Swan is going to be messy tonight ;)

Advertisement