Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 4s

• 20-02-2014 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

my 4s wifi wont switch on ,it stays grey all the time.

tried resetting everything from the beginning.

out of warranty so apple say €211.

meteor dont want to know either and say the last update fried the wifi chip :eek:

what would you do.?

meteor pay as u go.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

The Apple one year hardware warranty is ridiculous considering how much the phones cost. Should be two years minimum as that's the length of most phone contracts.

Is it worth the €200 odd euro to fix it or would you be better off putting money towards a new phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

How old is it - if it's less than 2 years old, I would definitely not accept this response from Apple and I would bring a small-claims case against the retailer. Make sure though that they cannot put the failure down do you mis-using the phone - things such as physical or water damage would go against you.

Last year, due to pressure from the EU, apple increased their warranty from 1 year to 2 years in France, Germany, and Belgium.
    The cost of defending even a small claim is more than the cost of a replacement iPhone.

Be very polite but very firm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

See the other thread on here. I had the wifi integrated circuit replaced for €40 and it has been working perfectly now for a few weeks.

I've yet to have somebody dispute that this is unique to me or not a fix for this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Vinduer

blingrhino wrote: »

what would you do.?

meteor pay as u go.

I had exactly the same problem and took it Carphone Warehouse to the Small Claims Court. Today I received a cheque through the SCC for € 199 from CPW which was what I had paid for the phone - with an 18 month contract.

I used the online application process and it wasn't necessary to attend the court.

Advertisement