Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding direct debit pay and easy pay card

Options
  • 20-02-2014 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello, my bill is due on the 25th by direct debit, I used my payment card in the post office yesterday as it was 6 days before the direct debit date. The bill amount has been removed from my bank account but my payment has not shown up anywhere! What are my options? 
      I don't have that money anymore as it's now in your system and the bill has all ready been processed so it's gona be taken out of my bank account again, except I won't have the money available. 
      Is there any way to avoid your late payment fees? Or what else can I do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi sednageek,

The direct debit request for the 25th is likely to have gone through prior to when you made that payment, because it was four working days before the direct debit date (weekend days and public holidays are not included in this window). We will check your account for you by private message here.

If your payment is not showing on your Electric Ireland account, it is because it has not cleared yet - it will most likely come through tomorrow.

It is your bank that you would need to speak to now, but we will also look at your Electric Ireland account here on Boards to provide you with balance information and any other info you need. Just private message us your Electric Ireland account number and your address/telephone number, confirming your name and that you are the account-holder.

We are here until 6pm and back in the morning from 8am.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sednageek

Hi sednageek,

The direct debit request for the 25th is likely to have gone through prior to when you made that payment, because it was four working days before the direct debit date (weekend days and public holidays are not included in this window). We will check your account for you by private message here.

If your payment is not showing on your Electric Ireland account, it is because it has not cleared yet - it will most likely come through tomorrow.

It is your bank that you would need to speak to now, but we will also look at your Electric Ireland account here on Boards to provide you with balance information and any other info you need. Just private message us your Electric Ireland account number and your address/telephone number, confirming your name and that you are the account-holder.

We are here until 6pm and back in the morning from 8am.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Hello, right before I speak to the bank again, I was already told that I would be receiving another bill around the 25th also, my bank wanted to cancel and moved my direct debit date which sounds more trouble than it's worth.
      I was thinking about continuing to use the easy payment card and then just letting the next bill roll in and correct that one by direct debit?

Des 

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sednageek

Oh and my bank say (PTSB) Electric Ireland [font=Verdana, serif]have recently migrated our direct debit system to the SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) scheme, which in some cases may result in a customer's first direct debit payment being collected a few days early or late?! Not sure what's going on now myself as the online bill says the next one is due on the 9th March but I rang last week and was told that a small bill would arrive late this month.[/font]

[font=Verdana, serif]Des.[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Des,

If your direct debit is due to be collected on 25th February and if you made the payment at the post office after the direct debit was presented to the bank for collection, that payment will remain on your account as credit rather than going towards the bill. However, if the bank moves the direct debit to a later date, that payment will go towards it.

Since your other queries refer to specifics on your account, I will address those by private message.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement