Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish and canadian Passports

Options
  • 20-02-2014 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im intending to move to Canada (Vancouver) in early April after long consideration and have finally sorted my Canadian Passport having been born there. I have my Irish one as well and I'm sorry if this is an absolutely ridiculous question but I do I need anything else now that I have the passport? I felt like amoron asking the embassy the same question to which they replied "you were born in canada, you're a citizen, good luck".. I just don't want any nasty surprises when I arrive saying I need this and that etc.. Hopefully the fact that I'm a "national" will help on the job front too. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 vicquebec

you've got no issues dude, welcome home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Hi,

Im intending to move to Canada (Vancouver) in early April after long consideration and have finally sorted my Canadian Passport having been born there. I have my Irish one as well and I'm sorry if this is an absolutely ridiculous question but I do I need anything else now that I have the passport? I felt like amoron asking the embassy the same question to which they replied "you were born in canada, you're a citizen, good luck".. I just don't want any nasty surprises when I arrive saying I need this and that etc.. Hopefully the fact that I'm a "national" will help on the job front too. Cheers

I wouldn't worry about it. Half the people over here that weren't born here that have passports can barely speak english. You'll be fine! Not meant to be a derogatory comment by the way, just something I witnessed first hand in Toronto Airport!

Advertisement