Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing from a thermal (or similar) printer from email

Options
  • 20-02-2014 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I'm hoping to find the best solution for printing to a small thermal printer from email.

So for example, a contact form is submitted via a website, which sends an email. The email is to be printed out instantaneously, without any interaction whatsoever from a human.

So to summarise:
    User completes form on a website
    Website sends email with form content
    Printer prints out the email content immediately and without any interaction required.

Any help would be brilliant!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Do you have the form submission to email part done already?

If so you can create a rule to automatically print incoming mails of certain kinds in outlook.

See here: http://email.about.com/od/mozillathunderbirdtips/qt/et_auto_print.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Thanks for that. I should have said that I need this to work independent of a desktop/laptop as well.

I was thinking maybe the Raspberry Pi would be capable of something like this?

I also saw this, which is programmable so I was thinking something like that.

Advertisement