Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Efibre be availble soon without Direct Debit

Options
  • 20-02-2014 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Hi ive been an Eircom Phone and broadband customer now for a few years & was offered an upgrade to eFibre a few months ago which i was very interested in, but was told i have to pay by direct debit, my issue is that i pay thru the post office every month and i also use the service where i pay a certain amount direct from my social welfare every week straight to Eircom.

So i was wondering was there any way yet that i can upgrade to E-fibre yet keep paying the same way i always have??

I've always been a good payer and im very rarely if ever in arrears, and i don't think its fair that i cant avail of this service, not everyone likes using banks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    Hi ive been an Eircom Phone and broadband customer now for a few years & was offered an upgrade to eFibre a few months ago which i was very interested in, but was told i have to pay by direct debit, my issue is that i pay thru the post office every month and i also use the service where i pay a certain amount direct from my social welfare every week straight to Eircom.

So i was wondering was there any way yet that i can upgrade to E-fibre yet keep paying the same way i always have??

I've always been a good payer and im very rarely if ever in arrears, and i don't think its fair that i cant avail of this service, not everyone likes using banks!
    Hi oranbhoy67

I can confirm that Direct Debit is a specific requirement and condition for efibre broadband. I understand this can be disappointing however I'm afraid an alternative payment method is not available.

Apologies for the inconvenience

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Hi oranbhoy67

I can confirm that Direct Debit is a specific requirement and condition for efibre broadband. I understand this can be disappointing however I'm afraid an alternative payment method is not available.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

yeah your right it is very disappointing, also noticed my broadband has been cutting out a lot lately and when i contacted your support service all i got was an automated reply.. all in all these are things that i will take into account when deciding to renew my contract or go with sky like so many others are now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi oranbhoy67

Thanks

Al
    Hi Al,

yeah your right it is very disappointing, also noticed my broadband has been cutting out a lot lately and when i contacted your support service all i got was an automated reply.. all in all these are things that i will take into account when deciding to renew my contract or go with sky like so many others are now
    Hi oranbhoy67

Sorry to hear this, feel free to PM me your landline number as I can look in to your current connection issues.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement