Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 Burpees & 1,000 High Knees

Options
  • 20-02-2014 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Trying to get to 100 burpees and 1,000 High Knees in a single session. Started last week and on my 4th day.

Tonight:
    Burpees: 1 x 7, 1 x 8, 1 x 7 = 22
    High Knees: 1 x 50, 1 x 70, 1 x 50 = 170

Knackered :eek: :D

Loire.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Burpees: 1 x 10, 1 x 8, 1 x 7 = 25
    High Knees: 1 x 60, 1 x 50, 1 x 40 = 150

Added in some dumbbells too 2 x 10 (5kgs)

Loire

Burpees: 3 x 10 = 30
    High Knees: 2 x 60, 1 x 80 = 200

Added resistance bands - 2 x 10 (out to the sides)

Tough going tonight.

Loire.

Burpees: 1 x 10, 1 x 10, 1 x 9 (couldn't manage 10th!), 1 x 6 = 35 - (easy) 1/3 reached!
    High Knees: 1 x 100, 1 x 100 = 200 - focusing on Burpees

Loire.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Do you mind me asking why this is your focus? What are your general fitness goals?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking why this is your focus? What are your general fitness goals?

Hi LL,

Not at all...I want to build up general fitness and strength for golf. I don't have the time to go to the gym.

I feel the Burpees are a good start re: strength and the High Knees are OK for cardio.

Interestingly, I nipped out to the driving range at lunchtime and could already feel the difference...was able to hit through the ball a lot better and finish correctly rather than throwing the kitchen sink at it!

My plan when I achieve my goal is to work on my time for 100 Burpees. At some stage I will probably try Bikram Yoga too.

If my handicap doesn't fall though it'll be a new sport :pac:

Loire.

• Advertisement

Burpees: 1 x 8, 1 x 10, 1 x 10, 1 x 12 = 40
    High Knees: 4 x 100 = 400

Getting harder but easier if that makes any sense...tough towards the end of each rep but finding it easier to recover

Loire

• Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Loire wrote: »
    Hi LL,

Not at all...I want to build up general fitness and strength for golf. I don't have the time to go to the gym.

I feel the Burpees are a good start re: strength and the High Knees are OK for cardio.

Interestingly, I nipped out to the driving range at lunchtime and could already feel the difference...was able to hit through the ball a lot better and finish correctly rather than throwing the kitchen sink at it!

My plan when I achieve my goal is to work on my time for 100 Burpees. At some stage I will probably try Bikram Yoga too.

If my handicap doesn't fall though it'll be a new sport :pac:

Loire.

Burpees are a fine exercise. Though I don't think I'd ever volunteer to do so many of them myself mind! :) Best of luck with it though and the golf season.

Giving the high knees a skip..100 burpees will do nicely.

4 x 10 = 40

Loire.

Advertisement