Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with CCTV Cam

Options
  • 20-02-2014 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

I set this web cam up before it was fine but now its not working with my wireless network

i did get a new router but i put all that info in

it works fine when the cable from modem is in any clues plz

just not reconizing wireless now

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When you connect via ethernet cable is there a setting to enable/disable wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

ticked with using wireless lan which is ticked

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And can you scan networks with it?
    Does it see any wireless networks?

and then i find mine

i put in the key password and pressed submit , as i said thos worked before no prob

Have you tried restarting the device?
    Does everything else connect ok?
    Try turning security off on your wifi connection & see if that works.
    You say you got a new router maybe its using a different type of security that the device doesn't like.

• Advertisement

how would i turn the secuirty off on my wifi ?

It will be on your modem settings under wifi/security.
    What mmodem have you?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

If you're trying to see the camera from another device external to the local network, the firewall security level will have to be reduced to Low, at the standard setting of Medium, the connect from the external device to the camera will be blocked on the way into the router, so the camera never gets to know that the device is trying to log on to it.

It it's an Eircom D1000, there may be some other issues, I'm fighting the same battle with one of them at the moment, it's replaced an older Netopia router that was working fine but slow, at the moment the new router is not playing ball unless the smartphone is in range of the WiFi. I have an idea, but can't get back in to the router to try it out yet.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement