Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

heating issue

• 20-02-2014 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Im doing a job in a house 2,700sq/ft.The boiler is a potterton statesman 90/110.Boiler serviced.one rads upstairs were not working.I removed 3 rads upstairs and rinsed them out outside.They was a little bit of sludge in them,about a litre per rad or so.All rads now working,system balanced.I have two litres of hydrocare H+2 in the system which i will leave it in for a week.I dont have a powerflushing machine.All rads are now "warm top and bottom".The issue im having is that the rads are warm and i cant get them up to full heat.The flow on the boiler is 70 degrees + approx and the return is just warm.My question is "is the possible that the wilo pump circulator could be the issue as in weak or is it a powerflushing issue?.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

pat35 wrote: »
    Im doing a job in a house 2,700sq/ft.The boiler is a potterton statesman 90/110.Boiler serviced.one rads upstairs were not working.I removed 3 rads upstairs and rinsed them out outside.They was a little bit of sludge in them,about a litre per rad or so.All rads now working,system balanced.I have two litres of hydrocare H+2 in the system which i will leave it in for a week.I dont have a powerflushing machine.All rads are now "warm top and bottom".The issue im having is that the rads are warm and i cant get them up to full heat.The flow on the boiler is 70 degrees + approx and the return is just warm.My question is "is the possible that the wilo pump circulator could be the issue as in weak or is it a powerflushing issue?.Thanks

Is there a balance valve fitted at the cylinder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭pat35

Yes,i have it open 3/4 of a turn.I would normally have it open one turn from the off position.I even tried it closed and it does not get the rads hotter.The rads do eventually get hotter if heating was on for a very long time and after alot of recycling of the boiler.Its like the boiler is waiting for the water to circulate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

Is there a back boiler fitted

pat35 wrote: »
    Yes,i have it open 3/4 of a turn.I would normally have it open one turn from the off position.I even tried it closed and it does not get the rads hotter.The rads do eventually get hotter if heating was on for a very long time and after alot of recycling of the boiler.Its like the boiler is waiting for the water to circulate
    If all piped correct then it's probably sludged up pipes

anthonyos wrote: »
    Is there a back boiler fitted
    No back boiler

• Advertisement

Or maybe a new pump is needed

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    If all piped correct then it's probably sludged up pipes
    Yes,seems to be piped correctly,no zones,I dont think this H+2 cleanser is going to do much for it.The only thing i see it the pump is on the flow from the boiler,i wonder could the impeller on it be damaged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

Is it sealed system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Is the boiler short cycling?
    Did you check the flow & return temps at the boiler pipework?
    Did you turn off all rads except one & see if it then heats from top to bottom?

anthonyos wrote: »
    Is it sealed system
    open vented

• Advertisement

shane0007 wrote: »
    Is the boiler short cycling?
    Did you check the flow & return temps at the boiler pipework?
    Did you turn off all rads except one & see if it then heats from top to bottom?
    Yes the boiler is short cycling.All the rads are heating top to bottom except one in upstairs bathroom which is cold in bottom few inches.I didnt put the analyser on to check the flow and return temps at the boiler pipework as im not even close to where i should be at.

I'd say sludge or maybe a weak pump. I'm not familiar with hydrocare but if it's a system cleaner then your gonna need to flush it out of the system some way in a weeks time

Advertisement