Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ray Wilkins battle with depression, alcohol and ulcerative colitis

• 21-02-2014 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2564113/RAY-WILKINS-EXCLUSIVE-My-battle-illness-depression-booze-rumours.html
    Until now this is the kind of conversation Ray Wilkins would have had with his therapist.
    Until now there has been no need to reveal his battle against depression. Or his dependency on Valium as a teenage captain of Chelsea. Or indeed the acute embarrassment he has endured for more than 20 years because of the symptoms associated with suffering from ulcerative colitis.
    He has never considered it necessary to give an interview admitting to the deep sense of shame he felt in being found guilty of drink-driving for a second time last July. It was enough that he regarded himself as ‘dirt’; ‘a disgrace’.

Fair play to him for coming out about it all, it should create good awareness.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Its sad that he more or less had to come out with this, after the stories going around about him being a raging alcoholic. Get well soon, Ray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

One of the very few likeable people in the football media.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

as an old Blues fan, remember him as a 17 year old genius, who sadly departed for Old Trafford. A likeable man. I wish him well. Bravery unconfined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Nevermind...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I like Ray as a pundit. Tough times for him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Is that the same illness Darren Fletcher has?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Is that the same illness Darren Fletcher has?

Tis indeed.

I don't like him as a pundit tbh. Grates on me.

However, I hope he recovers from his problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Stay on your feet, Ray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Never been a fan of his.

Have great repect now for his courage in been open about his struggles and hopefully this will lead to others who need help not been afraid to look for it.

For that Ray I wish you all the best for you're recovery to full physical and mental health.

• Advertisement
Advertisement