Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Join up

Options
  • 21-02-2014 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Has anyone tried this with their horse? Just wondering what peoples experiences are and if they would recommend it. Was it a positive experience? Did your horse connect with you more after? Or did it make any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Rosepup wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this with their horse? Just wondering what peoples experiences are and if they would recommend it. Was it a positive experience? Did your horse connect with you more after? Or did it make any difference.

Back in the Day when Monty Roberts first hit the headlines here I was working for one of the Arab Owned Stud Farms and he spent a day working with us.
    We spent that whole winter working the yearlings in circular pens following the Join Up principles. I can honestly say getting join up was easy with 99% of the horses I would have worked with.
    I cannot honestly say that it would have made any difference to how the whole ridinig off ( breaking)process worked but it was a great experience to be able to work thru the season using it.
    I have used the principles with untouched sports horses over the years when trying to gain their
    Its well worth trying it out and getting the connection is very satisfying .

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rosepup

Thanks so much for your reply! I am hoping I will build a bit more of a connection with my horse by trying it. It can't do any harm to try can it? I have never tried but watched others do it, have watched loads of videos on it so I'm aware of all the signs you have to look for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

This lady Caroline was trained by Monty Roberts and she is from and is often in Ireland so she would be worth contacting if you want to learn more. I know that she has courses coming up soon in Kildare if thats any help

http://www.equus.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rosepup

Thanks!

Advertisement