Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC outages

Options
  • 21-02-2014 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭

I'm in Barrack Street. Broadband down for 6 hours. I phoned up and the guy said there was an outage.

Anyone else affected?

I am hoping it is rectified by the morning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

OK here in Ferrybank.

You can check your service status on their website: http://www.upc.ie/customer_support/service-status/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Gadgie wrote: »
    OK here in Ferrybank.

You can check your service status on their website: http://www.upc.ie/customer_support/service-status/

All good on that link, however I'm still without broadband. No tech available until next Tuesday, so I hope it is fixed today.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

moonboy52 wrote: »
    All good on that link, however I'm still without broadband. No tech available until next Tuesday, so I hope it is fixed today.

Same here, tv is back but no phone or braodband. I am leaving it for a while and if it is not back by lunch time I am going to log a call to see do they have an update. I presume UPC are aware there is an service issue, despite what the website said.

libra02 wrote: »
    Same here, tv is back but no phone or braodband. I am leaving it for a while and if it is not back by lunch time I am going to log a call to see do they have an update. I presume UPC are aware there is an service issue, despite what the website said.

I made them aware last night, but the guy must not have reported it.

The guy who i was talking to this morning logged the fault and got a team out as Broadband has returned :)

Seeming if affected Doyle Street and the Newport's Terrace area.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Rang up this morning in Doyle Street area. Monday at the latest and a technician will be out. Some channels on tv but broadband down. If back in the mean time they would text me.

• Advertisement

Odats wrote: »
    Rang up this morning in Doyle Street area. Monday at the latest and a technician will be out. Some channels on tv but broadband down. If back in the mean time they would text me.

Are you still down Odats? Im back in Barrack Street.

In work until 5pm. Will give the father a buzz to see if it's back. Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

In work until 5pm. Will give the father a buzz to see if it's back. Thanks a million

Phone seems to be down still but think broadband is back up. Will have to check when I get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

It stayed working here in Gracedieu however I've been having connection dropouts since the last week or so.
    Anyone else been experiencing that?

The modem isn't the problem, it's bridged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

It stayed working here in Gracedieu however I've been having connection dropouts since the last week or so.
    Anyone else been experiencing that?

The modem isn't the problem, it's bridged.

Same here it keeps dropping off from time to time and im in Barracks street area too.

• Advertisement

Back up in Doyle Street since around 6:30pm

Same here it keeps dropping off from time to time and im in Barracks street area too.

Didn't drop at all last night but dropped twice this morning, the drops can last anything from 2 seconds to 40 seconds.

Is it similar for you?

Didn't drop at all last night but dropped twice this morning, the drops can last anything from 2 seconds to 40 seconds.

Is it similar for you?

I had one droput last night (around 20:00) whilst playing an online game. It lasted maybe one second.

Let us keep contributing to this thread going forward. If we write down the times we drop and see if there is a pattern or if it is just a temporary issue.

Is it similar for you?

Mine has been fine today no drops so far..but yesterday was similar to you they could last from a few seconds to a few mins..

More dropouts here today, most notably at 11:15 and 15:11 lasting around 20 seconds each time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

UPC seems to drop out a fair bit in Waterford, is it common around the country for drop outs?

Sully wrote: »
    UPC seems to drop out a fair bit in Waterford, is it common around the country for drop outs?

I was on the 30Mb service until a few days ago Sully and it was flawless with the old Cisco modem (EPC2203).

I upgraded to 120Mb a few days ago, so i need to run a continous ping for a few days, and see if there are dropouts with the new 3925 Modem/Router.

What UPC equipment do you have Some Person?

I never had dropouts until this started 2 weeks ago.
    It was rock solid until then.

I have the EPC3925 as an SME customer so it's in bridge mode.
    The modem is not the problem, it never loses connection to UPC and they verified that, looks like a routing issue at times or one of their routers crashing under load.

Sometimes their DNS servers are unreachable for 20 seconds, sometimes most sites like rte.ie, yahoo.com, cust.ie.blueface.com are unreachable for 20 seconds or more yet some other sites might be reachable.

It's not a DNS problem though, I'm using a mix of UPC and Google DNS and testing the dropouts with IPs instead of hostnames.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

It seems like it does because it inevitably leads to a thread in this forum! But it very rarely drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I've had UPC broadband in other places and not encountered it. Noticing a few drop outs in Waterford though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

7upfree wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

:)

They pushed out a firmware update for the modems last night and they resetted it today to apply it.

No dropouts so far.

If anyone else is still experiencing dropouts try resetting the modem and it should be done updating after around 10 mins.

They pushed out a firmware update for the modems last night and they resetted it today to apply it.

No dropouts so far.

If anyone else is still experiencing dropouts try resetting the modem and it should be done updating after around 10 mins.

I did not notice any firmware update on my 3925. I'm on epc3925-ESIP-12-v302r125572-130412c_upc.bin

Thank you for the update Some_Person.

Connection dropping for 15 to 20 seconds last hour in Doyle Street.

Anyone experiencing problems with UPC broadband Ballybricken,Lower Yellow Road,Doyle St, Barrack St area.

Was fine this morning but since one it is going on and off and not able to stream even Spotify.

Anyone experiencing problems with UPC broadband Ballybricken,Lower Yellow Road,Doyle St, Barrack St area.

Was fine this morning but since one it is going on and off and not able to stream even Spotify.

I have not noticed any issues Odats. Downloading at full speed and no issues streaming Twitch.tv

(Barrack Street)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

No more common I suppose than Sky or Eircom, as a visit to the Broadband forum will testify.

Is UPC down for anybody else this morning?

Just checked UPC website and its down in my area
    Broadband
    Service disruption Identified on 11/08/2014 09:52:00
    There is currently a service disruption in your area, which is affecting our Broadband service. We are working hard to resolve this issue. Estimated Repair Time:Not available.
    Try again later for further updates.

If anybody else wants to check just put your account number in here http://www.upc.ie/customer-support/service-status/

• Advertisement

Anybody in the Barrack Street area noticing 20 second dropouts since yesterday?

Advertisement