Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Links Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,784 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Love that - still have a chance of making 4 :D

But on 17 , you can't be - left - short - long , lost right when rough let go.

May try study my scores.

If I miss a green in Corballis, my immediate thought is how do I make sure that bogey is the worst thing that happens!

On a conference call here that I'm really just listening in on - just hurry the f*ck up and finish it! Don't ye know that Corballis is waiting! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

blackwhite wrote: »
    If I miss a green in Corballis, my immediate thought is how do I make sure that bogey is the worst thing that happens!

On a conference call here that I'm really just listening in on - just hurry the f*ck up and finish it! Don't ye know that Corballis is waiting! :pac:

:D:D:D:D:D:D

"Well on serious note"
    "could we finish up"
    "why"
    "I need to meet someone - something - somewhere"
    "who"

We've warmed it up nice for Tones there.

He is a good golfer - on a still day he could do it.

Best of luck. The summer of 79.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

We've warmed it up nice for Tones there.

He is a good golfer - on a still day he could do it.

Best of luck. The summer of 79.

Lol this place sounds like fookin crazy golf :)

Tones69 wrote: »
    Lol this place sounds like fookin crazy golf :)

Honestly Tones - that day , the fact you are up - play 2 rounds, It is sort of a practice golf course.

Crazy golf is well named.

I think you'll do it, depends if you lose 2 or 4 balls.

• Advertisement

@Blackwhite.

Let us know how you score.

Meetings are the biggest waist of time in most places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Got a birdie on the 13th in The Island the last time I played it. Wind was into the hole from the right, so hit a 3 wood, the second I hit it I thought it was going OOB but for the one and only time in my life I hit a wind-assisted draw, it pitched just short of the green, and ran to about a foot from the hole. Didn't get too many twos on that hole, though aside from its length it isn't really that difficult.

What's that acronym.. ROTFL
    Seriously?? You're saying that the 13th hole at The Island isn't 'that' difficult apart from its length. Surely that applies to every par three on the planet.

It is one of the toughest par threes out there. It's Index 7 for a reason. It's 192 metres from the whites and, oddly, 195 metres from the forward green tees. The wind is usually straight into you... and that means, what, a 3 wood, hybrid, Driver...

I played it two days ago with the wind behind me and discovered it's even more difficult when the wind plays that way. You simply can't land it on the green and, as you pointed out, it's all OOB on the right. You can't land it short because of the dip and humps directly in front of the green (see photo) which could throw your ball anywhere... and that leaves a sliver of land short and left of the green on which to land.

Your shot sounds like something out of the movies and one that will live with you for a long time, but it is definitely not an easy hole. I was taking photographs one evening and watched three groups of 4 play through. 12 guys and they all missed the green, Five reloaded.

nlpoc2.jpg

@Blackwhite.

Let us know how you score.

Meetings are the biggest waist of time in most places.

I only played 16 holes. Arrived up behind a five ball of taxi drivers (I saw the taxis in the car park as I was leaving, before I get accused of snobbery!!) on the 7th, so I skipped 8 & 9.

Took 71 for the 16 I played, for 36 points off 18!

Only hit the driver on 15 & 16. 3 wood on 12 and irons off the rest.

Parred 13, which was a surprise after my talk earlier! Stuck a 52 degree to 6 feet, and missed the birdie putt.....

Managed one birdie, on 16.

I always seem to play my better rounds there. I think it might be to do with leaving my driver in the bag :D

Good shooting Blackwhite.

Managed to take a couple of snaps last night - as you can see from the third, the fairways are well burnt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

Managed to take a couple of snaps last night - as you can see from the third, the fairways are well burnt.

Thanks a lot. Gagging for a game now :D

Blackwhite

Great photos - but did you miss that putt on 13 :eek:

Joking 3 putt land on that green. :D

Lads - I think Corballis needs it's own thread - out to try get my third cut there in 3 months in am.

Blackwhite

Great photos - but did you miss that putt on 13 :eek:

Joking 3 putt land on that green. :D

Lads - I think Corballis needs it's own thread - out to try get my third cut there in 3 months in am.

It was further than it looks in the picture! 6 feet past, downhill with about 18 inches of left to right break.
    Babied it to the hole to make sure I didn't three putt :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Looking at those link pics and thinking of my drives, I think i'll stick to parkland golf!!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Looking at those link pics and thinking of my drives, I think i'll stick to parkland golf!!

The 5 iron is your friend in Corballis (and the 7, 8 and 9 iron, depending on the hole)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

The 5 iron is your friend in Corballis (and the 7, 8 and 9 iron, depending on the hole)

5 irons is the most consistent club in my bag!!

Lads played the much over talked about - infamous 13 th in Corballis today.

95 cm - could be a winner. PW.

Was thinking - don't 3 putt here (only there would you think that) lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Lads played the much over talked about - infamous 13 th in Corballis today.

95 cm - could be a winner. PW.

Was thinking - don't 3 putt here (only there would you think that) lol.

Well done on avoiding the 3 putt. I played it last night (at 9.20pm a gorgeous evening) and 4 putted from the back of the green 😢 I'm blaming child fatigue!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

Which way was the wind blowing?

Which way was the wind blowing?

Little or none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Barnseire

Reading this thread, just decided to book Corballis tomorrow. 9euro for a green fee. Great value. Agree with other posts here, played the course hundreds of times over the years and my best score was a 77 (I'm off 9) which is 11 over I think. I know a 11 handicapper out of there who would hammer me every time. Tough course - really requires good iron play and course management.

Also had the pleasure of a hole in one on the 13th - it was the 10th at the time. :D

Barnseire wrote: »

Also had the pleasure of a hole in one on the 13th - it was the 10th at the time. :D

Fix just wet himself

Dealerz wrote: »
    Fix just wet himself

Yes dying for a hole in one anywhere there.

unreal close on 4/5 times.

Agree on the place improving your game.

Played portmarnock- what a tough course in a strong wind. Will try and play again. Got hit by a golf ball, I have Dunlop ultra dimples on my back. Fcuking still hurts but I'm glad to be still able to type.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Played portmarnock- what a tough course in a strong wind. Will try and play again. Got hit by a golf ball, I have Dunlop ultra dimples on my back. Fcuking still hurts but I'm glad to be still able to type.

What? Holy **** that's mad, what happened?

dar_cool wrote: »
    What? Holy **** that's mad, what happened?

Not sure, I was looking for my ball in the right rough,on the 14th, had me head down, heard fore and not even a second later a ball hit me in the back, no time to react. Two foot higher and I was rightly fcuked. I have a nice red circle just to the left of my spine which I expect to change colour overnight 😜.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Not sure, I was looking for my ball in the right rough,on the 14th, had me head down, heard fore and not even a second later a ball hit me in the back, no time to react. Two foot higher and I was rightly fcuked. I have a nice red circle just to the left of my spine which I expect to change colour overnight 😜.

Bloody hell, lucky indeed!! Hope your alright

dar_cool wrote: »
    Bloody hell, lucky indeed!! Hope your alright

Cheers- Well I'm more upset at my golf performance than my back to be honest- golf eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,180 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Myself and Golfgraffix were out with Dealerz... certainly the worst thing I've seen on a course.

A lad in fourball playing the fairway along by us smacked a 3 wood from that fairway but sliced it just over/through some gorse.
    He said Dealerz was blind to him but the call could/should have come sooner.
    The proximity didnt help.
    I'd say the ball had only travelling maybe 40-50 yards. A low slice stinging 3 wood.

The sound of the Fore shout was drowned out by the sound of it hitting Dealerz back. Such a whack. And if it was a few feet higher, then who knows.

We had a look at the mark and you could almost make out the ball and number!!! Some man for walking it off and playing on Dealerz.... I'd say you'll be sleeping on your chest tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

How is the back today? All joking aside you were lucky you were not really hurt, he was no more than 60 yars away from you with a 3 wood.

J

Advertisement