Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Links Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thewobbler

For the European on Sunday (€75) and have booked in Ballybunion and Tralee for end of September (€125 apiece).

This has the makings of a memorable summer for golfing.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭londonred

2 great deals in here for Enniscrone and Strandhill

http://oceandeals.ie/cat/sport_and_leisure/page-2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭willabur

looks kind of dodgy - all vouchers need to have 5 year validity by law

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭londonred

willabur wrote: »
    looks kind of dodgy - all vouchers need to have 5 year validity by law

Its run by Ocean FM so should be legit I am checking out a few things at the moment but it looks like Co Donegal has an Open on Weds , Enniscrone on Thurs and Strandhill on Fridays and Co Sligo has open week starting August 1st , hoping to get a few games in...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Is this what you think ? Because this is not the way they have rolled this out. They have sent emails, referred to it in social media with far more open language.

"We are delighted to be able to bring some attractive green fee rates to members of affiliated clubs across Ireland and we hope that this will give you the opportunity to visit us for a game this year! These rates are now available for you to book online and are available at various times throughout the week."

So yes they have given the opportunity - but 150 - is a bit out of step with rates elsewhere.

Yes they made an effort. Fair play.

They are offering a 40% discount on "their product", it's irrelevant what the rates elsewhere are tbh :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

They are offering a 40% discount on "their product", it's irrelevant what the rates elsewhere are tbh :rolleyes:

Why is the price irrelevant - when I can play a better course for cheaper.

Careful with your eyes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Enquired about a rate at County Sligo, 65 for GUI Members.

I see Portmarnock are putting up on social media that there is something special coming for members of irish golf clubs. Posted about an hour ago. Is this just a widespread announcement of the 150 rate or will it be something else?

Another offer from portmarnock incoming. Looks like a package with Co louth and royal dublin

Another offer from portmarnock incoming. Looks like a package with Co louth and royal dublin

And it will hopefully be below what they have offered so far.

People complain about complaints - are probably the ones who claimed they should not give a reasonable GUI rate.

There will not be a tourist in the country for at least 4/5 months - hopefully some realism sinking in.

150 euro :D

• Advertisement

I guess it depends on the take up off the 150 rate - if they filled their quota then they priced it right.

Too rich for 90-95% of golfers out there though I would guess

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

I guess it depends on the take up off the 150 rate - if they filled their quota then they priced it right.

Too rich for 90-95% of golfers out there though I would guess

You can book a fourball in The European Club for €75 a head. I wouldn't pay twice that for Portmarnock.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dk1982

What are the open days in the European Club at the moment lads and how much? Cant find on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

dk1982 wrote: »
    What are the open days in the European Club at the moment lads and how much? Cant find on their website

You wont get anything from their website, hasnt been modernised since it was created. They have fourballs on quite regularaly. See golfnet open fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭blackwhite

etxp wrote: »

Open week is first week of August - €50 then

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Portrush have annouced open days at £148

Portrush have annouced open days at £148

Jaysus Bargain

Lidl here we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Portrush offering a whole lot more than Portmarnock tbf. A far superior golf course first and foremost, an Open venue, an open comp, range balls, a trackman experience on the 1st tee, nosh. Id seriously consider this one, whereas I wouldnt consider Portmarnock with their offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

You wont get anything from their website, hasnt been modernised since it was created. They have fourballs on quite regularaly. See golfnet open fixtures.

Rang the European for an Early Monday Start for the Fourball Open.

Just had one partner. Wasn't aware you needed to fill the whole fourball. Very disappointed. She said there isn't much on the tee-sheet.

I asked could we go early and just pay the €75 each and was shot down.

Things must not be so bad if they can turn down €150 at 8.30 am on a Monday.

Portrush offering a whole lot more than Portmarnock tbf. A far superior golf course first and foremost, an Open venue, an open comp, range balls, a trackman experience on the 1st tee, nosh. Id seriously consider this one, whereas I wouldnt consider Portmarnock with their offering.

Me and 3 others have booked this. Think its too good of a deal to turn down, and really wanted to play it after being at The Open last year. Bit of a spin bit this opportunity might not happen again.

Seems to be a good few spaces gone already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

blackwhite wrote: »
    Open week is first week of August - €50 then

Two alternate views of the same hole (all included in the €50 Open Week price!)
    Ec9DuolWoAAbtEk?format=jpg&name=large

EdEt240WsAMr3uq?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ec9DuolWoAAbtEk?format=jpg&name=large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdEt240WsAMr3uq?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Me and 3 others have booked this. Think its too good of a deal to turn down, and really wanted to play it after being at The Open last year. Bit of a spin bit this opportunity might not happen again.

Seems to be a good few spaces gone already.

Booked a 4 ball myself.

Have wanted to play it for years. Love the Valley course there so excited to play the Dunluce.

Booked a 4 ball myself.

Have wanted to play it for years. Love the Valley course there so excited to play the Dunluce.

We are considering doing the Valley course the next day. Is it a good course? Is it more of a flat links or is it similar to the Dunluce?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭benny79

How does the trackman on the first Tee work? Like it just shows your numbers after you tee of is it? Good idea.. be a bit of added pressure on first tee doe ..lol...

When me and Steve ob where playing St Andrews last year we went to the range first its a 5 min drive from course but each bay had a trackman on it was unreal! I would of stayed there all day..

On the subject how can Trackman cost €20,000 or there abouts? Surely that cant be justified.. Like its really just a app on a tablet so to speak.

benny79 wrote: »
    How does the trackman on the first Tee work? Like it just shows your numbers after you tee of is it? Good idea.. be a bit of added pressure on first tee doe ..lol...

When me and Steve ob where playing St Andrews last year we went to the range first its a 5 min drive from course but each bay had a trackman on it was unreal! I would of stayed there all day..

On the subject how can Trackman cost €20,000 or there abouts? Surely that cant be justified.. Like its really just a app on a tablet so to speak.

The poster for the comps says "practice your first tee shot on trackman" or similar. I'm guessing there will be a simulator set up somewhere that you can play the first tee shot.

Its doppler radar so probably expensive components.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

We are considering doing the Valley course the next day. Is it a good course? Is it more of a flat links or is it similar to the Dunluce?

It's not a good course, it's a fantastic course, gentle opening but once it turns back on itself (geographically speaking) you are in for a treat, there are some up and down holes along the way but this is a full blown links course and were it not for it's bordering neighbor would have a much better knowing.
    There's also a short par 3 course off the Valley Course.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

benny79 wrote: »

Well not really, I could download the app for free now and it'd be a waste of time.

The hardware that feeds the app contains two military grade radars, one which tracks the clubhead and the other one tracks the ball. It's genuinely cutting edge tech

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Golfgraffix is needed to explain this one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

The European Club is one tough golf course. Some of the narrowest fairways I have ever played on. Very enjoyable all the same for the 75euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thewobbler

So that was the European. I could summarise it as **** me, wow.

An absolute brute of a course, relentless but so much fun throughout.

Holes like I’ve never seen before.

I’m still edging the Island for no.1 of all time ever, but it’s close.

Advertisement