Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Links Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Trip down on Sunday to play the wonderful Rosses Point

Interesting getting out on a Sunday at a big Links ?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭fungie

etxp wrote: »
    That's "The Open" open, so you have the final day pin placements from The open, a goodie bag and a few other things. 4 of us played it last year, found it great. Was level par for the first 7 holes, then it went downhill :(

Oh, that sounds good.

Here's the link to sign up, still some spots left:

https://brsgolf.com/portrush/opens_day.php

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Am a member there now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

So my last round was Strandhill in September, kinda fitting my first round since will be Old Head just after the Bank Holiday weekend, stiff is not the word, praying for decent weather

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭allybhoy

slave1 wrote: »
    So my last round was Strandhill in September, kinda fitting my first round since will be Old Head just after the Bank Holiday weekend, stiff is not the word, praying for decent weather

Enjoy, i played it for the first time last October in glorious weather, I know it gets a lot of stick for being too exclusive and american but all four of us loved every minute of it, found staff extremely welcoming and the place is absolutely stunning, Truly unique experience. Bring a decent camera if you have one.

We have booked Tralee, Ballybunion and Casheen in july. midweek 2 Nights B&B with an evening meal for 475 pps, fairly happy with that price. Got it on ballybuniongolf.com

• Advertisement

Cashen will surprise you, I enjoyed it more than BB main course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Enjoy,
    played it last year, its a great course and the views are fantastic. Good weather is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭willabur

Cashen is a bloody brilliant golf course.
    Can't wait to see what they do with the planned updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Dooks €90 now for Gui Rate. Late July

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jaysis that is awful steep for Dooks

Really is pricing out the average punter looking for a game in Kerry

Call themselves a 'Hidden Gem' about three times on their website but proceed to charge €90 for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Dooks €90 now for Gui Rate. Late July

They have a good few open singles on Fridays throughout the summer for €60

Dooks are charging that rate to attract US folk playing Tralee/Waterville etc.
    It's a nice course but it is nowhere near worth €90, plenty of links courses cheaper that are a step above in terms of quality, even the €60 is steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭blue note

blue note wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of any GUI rates or opens for the Island? I remember hearing that they were considering a Friday open when the lockdown ends. Has anyone heard anything about it since?

I just had a flick onto their website. They are running an open on Friday 11th June for €95. Singles for 2 hours and a 4 person team event after that. It goes on sale tomorrow at 5.

I can't make it sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Never an issue on a Sunday after about 12:30pm
    Am a member there now

Me too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Salvadoor

Dooks are charging that rate to attract US folk playing Tralee/Waterville etc.
    It's a nice course but it is nowhere near worth €90, plenty of links courses cheaper that are a step above in terms of quality, even the €60 is steep.

Which of the "plenty of links courses cheaper" than €90 in July would you rate higher than Dooks out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Salvadoor wrote: »
    Which of the "plenty of links courses cheaper" than €90 in July would you rate higher than Dooks out of interest?

Enniscrone and most of the North West tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dk1982

Salvadoor wrote: »

Playing 27 holes in Carne next Friday for €70 and Enniscrone on Saturday for €55

Kerry golf is the price of rent in dublin of sports

dk1982 wrote: »
    Playing 27 holes in Carne next Friday for €70 and Enniscrone on Saturday for €55

That is some serious value for 45 holes of Golf.

etxp wrote: »
    That is some serious value for 45 holes of Golf.

I played both courses back to back last year, brilliant experience. Enniscrone I played an open which I nearly won, have a voucher which I need to go back and use with them. Carne is just next level, its almost like a meditation retreat. Pure golf, no bs, the kilmore 9 is everything I ever want a golf course to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

willabur wrote: »
    I played both courses back to back last year, brilliant experience. Enniscrone I played an open which I nearly won, have a voucher which I need to go back and use with them. Carne is just next level, its almost like a meditation retreat. Pure golf, no bs, the kilmore 9 is everything I ever want a golf course to be

You've summed Carne up very well there in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

I much rather Enniscrone....my number 1 course. Perfect level of top level course, beauty and fun holes

Horse for courses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

I love Carne, i live 40-ish minutes away from it and play it 3 or 4 times a year. always enjoy it. The Kilmore 9 is epic to be fair and really tough. I was playing the Wild Atlantic Dunes course last year, first 7 holes is the old back 9. was level for the first 7 then the Kilmore 9 soon sorted me out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Booking for this is live already by the way.

Earlier advertisement of it said booking wasn't open until 5pm.

I've booked on...excited!

ah balls I was waiting for this open, plan was to take a day off, go play the island (something I haven't done even though I am a member next door) and sure enough they put on the same day as the first round of the Pierce Purcell

oh well

gypsy79 wrote: »
    I much rather Enniscrone....my number 1 course. Perfect level of top level course, beauty and fun holes

Horse for courses

don't get me wrong, I loved enniscrone. An amazing course

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Beaulieu

blue note wrote: »
    I just had a flick onto their website. They are running an open on Friday 11th June for €95. Singles for 2 hours and a 4 person team event after that. It goes on sale tomorrow at 5.

I can't make it sadly.

Timesheet live now & booked. Thanks for the heads up Blue Note. One of the (many) reasons I log on here regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

ah balls I was waiting for this open, plan was to take a day off, go play the island (something I haven't done even though I am a member next door) and sure enough they put on the same day as the first round of the Pierce Purcell

oh well

First round of purcell on a Friday? That must be awkward for some is it?

• Advertisement

First round of purcell on a Friday? That must be awkward for some is it?

4pm on a friday - awkward enough. taking a few hours off myself to go play in it but with covid etc have plenty of time to take this year

Advertisement