Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda Brown Bin

Options
  • 21-02-2014 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭

Panda charges have increased. We are now also to be charged for the brown bin. We never asked for a brown bin and never use it.
    Do we have to have the brown bin ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

NUTLEY BOY wrote: »
    Panda charges have increased. We are now also to be charged for the brown bin. We never asked for a brown bin and never use it.
    Do we have to have the brown bin ?
    Is it charged per lift or flat rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Brown bin supplied in 2011. No standing or annual charge. No lift charge. 20c per kilo weight charge.

Now they are imposing a brown bin service charge of €5.50 per quarter. Lift charge €2.96. Waste charge down to 16c per kilo.

Do I have to take the brown bin service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

No - but they have to offer it.

Just call them to collect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

As far as I can remember, there was a byelaw passed at the start of the year requiring green waste to be recycled and not put in with the black bin

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

As far as I can remember, there was a byelaw passed at the start of the year requiring green waste to be recycled and not put in with the black bin

https://www.panda.ie/household/dun-laoghairerathdown/general-information.html
    At Panda, composting is an integral part of our waste management. Panda is committed to working alongside the new (Household Food Waste and Bio Waste) Regulations 2013 (S.I. No. 71 of 2013) which have come into effect.

Under this regulation householders should be aware of their legal obligation to separate all food & garden waste and ensure that it is not placed in the general waste bin.

This regulation requires the roll out of brown bins for agglomerations of 25,000 or more from the 1st July 2013.

The regulation hopes to reduce the amount of food and bio waste that is currently sent to landfill by giving customer a bi-weekly collection of the brown bin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Leinster D

I came home from work last week a discovered a brown bin in the driveway. We only ever had a green and black bin with Panda until now.

We live in Dun Laoighre Rathdown. Does anyone know if its now mandatory to use brown bin with Panda if located in this area?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

Leinster,

I had the same thing happen in D14 and a service charge of 22 euro for managing it. I rang them and told them I didnt ask for or need the bin as i compost. They collected the brown bin within a week.

My service charge is €86 which im not sure includes the €22.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

Caillte wrote: »
    Leinster,

I had the same thing happen in D14 and a service charge of 22 euro for managing it. I rang them and told them I didnt ask for or need the bin as i compost. They collected the brown bin within a week.

My service charge is €86 which im not sure includes the €22.

So I rang panda about this and they have since reduced my service charge by the €22. There is no way they would have done this if I didn't request it. They are now charging every house hold an additional €22 for a bin they probably don't need.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,678 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I believe the law requires the brown bins to be specifically declined by the customer in urban areas rather than just made available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭alexf1

Anyone know what the charges for the Panda brown bin are in Fingal? Can't find it on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

alexf1 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the charges for the Panda brown bin are in Fingal? Can't find it on their website.

No charge for brown bin lifts in Fingal (at the moment anyway!).

Advertisement